PDA

View Full Version : Live Player Front and Center

erictimmer
01-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Last night I was listening to Leo's key note from the NMX and it got me thinking about making sites with less friction for the viewer.

I was thinking that your shows/networks website should have the live player front and center. I wouldn't go as far as to make it auto-play or anything like that, but shouldn't it be right in their face??

The player should have an awesome image that makes the user want to push the play button. Of course this means you will have to keep at least one system live 24/7 running reruns when you aren't live. Luckily, playing reruns doesn't tax the system at all, so it wont be too much of an energy hog.

What say you IAIB? :cool:

andrewzarian
01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
we are in the process or revamping the GFQ website and this has been discussed. We currently have a live page at gfqlive.tv

BradShoemaker
01-08-2013, 09:27 AM
I say in our case the Live Player is only one small component. We have many live listeners, but we have 3 times that many downloading the old episode at their earliest convenience.

Hence the reason my new website is focusing on our latest episode and the ability to find our old ones. We also get a lot of blog traffic, so I have put more focus on that and the ability for the site to scale across devices using Responsive Design.

I am toying with the idea of auto posting the live player front and center when we go live... but not sure how I want to tackle that just yet. I hope to have this new site finished by end of Jan or early Feb.