PDA

View Full Version : Vidblaster Streaming Issue

BradShoemaker
12-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Just had a new issue that has popped up (and the upgrade to 2.27 didn't fix it). It appears that the stream module is starting then stopping after 2-20 seconds. Reboots, uninstall reinstall, nothing I have done seems to fix the issue.

I had it before, but determined it to be a problem of bandwidth. I knocked everything down to the lowest settings (320x180 and quality to 148 and it worked at that location).

I broadcast at quite a few locations that have very good to very iffy connections but now I am at a place with blazing fast internet and still having the problems no matter what settings I try.

Anyone run into this problem?

BradShoemaker
12-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Also streaming to Ustream. Running a very fast Windows 7 machine.

Amnon
12-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Sure did Brad. I haven't used the VB streamer for some time now (over a year) because no one could tell me why it happens. Ask 10 people, get 10 different answers :-) I am using FMLE to do the streaming, and it is working much better on its own. Simple to set up too, call me if you need help. 919-852-2121

mcphillips
12-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Infraction!

BradShoemaker
12-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely call if I have any issues. It's a shame because the rest of VB works great, but I have had the issue in the past, thought I fixed it and now the old fix isn't working.

TomSinclair
01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
What are you streaming to? Sometimes CDNs change their settings. Has happened to me with Ustream and DaCast in the past.

BradShoemaker
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
I am streaming to Ustream. I have used the settings provided with Vidblaster.

andrewzarian
01-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I have had that happen a few times in the past. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Vidblaster and Flash Media Encoder. Make sure FMLE is version 3.2 +

TomSinclair
01-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Ustream changed something in the last several weeks or so, not sure just what. It affects the ability to stream directly through the VidBlaster streamer. You can use the same Ustream codes and use FMLE separately as Amnon suggests. Frankly, I like have more control over FMLE settings, so I've not used the built-in Ustream streaming in VidBlaster in quite some time.

Using VidBlaster and then using FMLE to stream separately is covered in a tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FLCIRj3KqQ&feature=youtu.be) I did a while back on Streaming to DaCast. Same principles, different codes.

BradShoemaker
01-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Ustream changed something in the last several weeks or so, not sure just what. It affects the ability to stream directly through the VidBlaster streamer. You can use the same Ustream codes and use FMLE separately as Amnon suggests. Frankly, I like have more control over FMLE settings, so I've not used the built-in Ustream streaming in VidBlaster in quite some time.

Using VidBlaster and then using FMLE to stream separately is covered in a tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FLCIRj3KqQ&feature=youtu.be) I did a while back on Streaming to DaCast. Same principles, different codes.

How is using FMLE on processor? I should be fine, but I didn't know whether or not it added more or less weight on the processor compared to the internal streaming from Vidblaster.

Spino
01-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Did you consider to try Wirecast? I had those problems with Vidblaster and no problems with Wirecast.

BradShoemaker
01-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Did you consider to try Wirecast? I had those problems with Vidblaster and no problems with Wirecast.

I've considered everything, but when spending as much as I did for Vidblaster, not to mention it has always worked well for me in the past, I think I'll stay with VB provided that using FMLE continues to work.

Spino
01-02-2013, 03:12 PM
, I think I'll stay with VB provided that using FMLE continues to work.

Yes but Vidblaster + Streamer module active to VVD (or Video out module) + FMLE need a lot of CPU resources ....anyway good luck.

TomSinclair
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
@Brad - When you use VidBlaster's one-touch streaming to Ustream, you are actually using FMLE behind the scenes in its command line format. So CPU use is the same.

I tested VidBlaster to Ustream again tonight and it worked just fine. Not sure why I had a problem before. Suspect its something with Ustream. I've had problems streaming in the past when my Ustream Channel name had spaces in it. I think I had to replace the spaces with underscore characters.

Best news is that 2013 should be a stellar year for VidBlaster so far as improvements in CPU usage, HD streaming and recording. In a rare move, VidBlaster developer Mike Versteeg is working with a private beta group on optimizing for HD. First time I've seen a closed group working on the next beta. Intriguing stuff!

Amnon
01-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Yes but Vidblaster + Streamer module active to VVD (or Video out module) + FMLE need a lot of CPU resources ....anyway good luck.
VERY negligible !!! One time out of three (when I tested it) it was actually using less resources. I don't think I will ever go back to the streaming module.

Spino
01-03-2013, 01:37 AM
First time I've seen a closed group working on the next beta. Intriguing stuff!

I think it came after Wirecast Insiders.

Amnon
01-03-2013, 10:24 AM
I think it came after Wirecast Insiders.
I always said that competition benefit the consumer, in this case, us! If WC is pushing VB to be better, we win. Then WC will have to update theirs, and again, we win. And so on and so on :-)

BradShoemaker
01-03-2013, 06:32 PM
By the way, did some tests (the real test is coming up in a half hour) and it works quite well. I am surprised Mike V seems to think there is never anything wrong when clearly something is amiss since the FMLE is working separate from VB but VB's Streamer that, as he says, is exactly the same as FMLE is cutting off after a few seconds.

Thanks again Amnon and Tom, I will finally be back to live streaming again.

Blade21292
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
By the way, did some tests (the real test is coming up in a half hour) and it works quite well. I am surprised Mike V seems to think there is never anything wrong when clearly something is amiss since the FMLE is working separate from VB but VB's Streamer that, as he says, is exactly the same as FMLE is cutting off after a few seconds.

Thanks again Amnon and Tom, I will finally be back to live streaming again.

So, if you are using FMLE as a stand alone, how do you control camera changes, PiP and other video effects?

TomSinclair
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I think Brad is referring to the practice of using FMLE separately but in partnership with VB. VB sends Video Out to VVD. FMLE receives Video from VVD. Give you much more control (through FMLE settings) than to use the "one-touch" streaming settings inside VB.

erictimmer
04-22-2013, 07:03 PM
VB with FMLE is the only way I have ever used Vidblaster. The streaming modules never really worked well for me at all. Of course it takes up a ton of CPU though.

Amnon
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
VB with FMLE is the only way I have ever used Vidblaster. The streaming modules never really worked well for me at all. Of course it takes up a ton of CPU though.
Neah, can hardly tell a difference.

BradShoemaker
04-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Tom was correct. Ever since I took the one touch VB streaming out of the mix I haven't had a single streaming problem from Vidblaster. I use Vidblaster for all the switching, etc and just stream to VVD. FMLE picks it up from there and does the rest and it has worked beautifully.

Also, I don't see any more rise in CPU usage than what I already had going out via the one touch stream from VB.