PDA

View Full Version : Do you do special holiday broadcasts?

sunkast
12-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Just curious how many, if any, of podcasters/internet broadcasters do holiday specials for holidays like Christmas or New Years?

Coming from a radio background it seems like this is something most podcasts never really do. Perhaps because of resources?

I remember years back when I had my first real job in radio as a promotions guy doing a huge Toys for Tots drive. It was a way fun experience setting up week long broadcasts inside a mall or business to collect toys.

I know most internet broadcasters never do remote broadcasts, but it is something i really do miss being an internet broadcaster. Actually getting out into the community and meeting people or being apart of something bigger.

Amnon
12-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Just curious how many, if any, of podcasters/internet broadcasters do holiday specials for holidays like Christmas or New Years?
So far, in almost 20 years, if a holiday fell on Sunday (when we do our show), we would do it. I am not kidding when I say that in all these years, I only missed two shows, once because of a server program that I had to take care of, (the rest of the crew did the show), and once because of a wedding I HAD to go to, and the crew took care of everything for the show too.

mcphillips
12-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Most podcasts are not as time sensitive as radio, which is now and now only. A holiday podcast released around a holiday may not be heard for days or weeks. Timing may be a key consideration.

BradShoemaker
12-16-2012, 01:06 PM
We are throwing a Holiday Party on Thursday for the Hammer and Nigel show. It is basically a party for those that have been gracious enough to come on the show (local celebs, TV personalities, radio broadcasters, a couple of Colts players, etc). The party starts at 7:00pm and the show begins at it's normal time of 9:00pm. So it is probably the closest show we will have done to a true holiday show.

andrewzarian
12-17-2012, 03:10 PM
We have done a holiday broadcast every year. this is the first year we are not having one.