PDA

View Full Version : Looking to use skype for guests

Podnutter
11-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Im new to all of this "Internet Broadcasting" stuff and i was wondering what would be the best way to do skype calls with guests.... How do I get the best audio from this setup?

mcphillips
11-24-2012, 07:14 PM
How do I get the best audio from this setup?
What setup?

Podnutter
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Thank you Mike for the reply. Right now I have a few extra computers laying around and a extra laptop.

Jadori
11-25-2012, 04:50 PM
If you are looking to record it I would recommend using ecamm recorder if you are a mac user. It works out really well.

andrewzarian
11-26-2012, 07:57 PM
What are you currently using in your setup. Mixer? Computer....

cseeman
11-30-2012, 08:06 AM
The ultimate low budget method is with Skype Group Video Conference call or, even cheaper, Google + Hangouts. Everyone hears everyone and you just grab video and audio and bring them in to the software switcher/encoder of your choice.

Sure one can go up from there with separate computers for each caller and a switcher sending mix minus audio back and then working on sending back video to each but I'd thought I'd present the low budget option for someone who may be starting out with limited resources.

Jadori
11-30-2012, 11:04 AM
I really hate Google hangouts. There are so many connection issues with it that needs to be worked out. I have tried it in the past and I didn't like it. I would rather just upload my videos directly to YouTube.

mcphillips
12-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I much prefer zoom.us meetings over Google Hangouts.

cseeman
12-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I can see something like zoom.us working for regular hosts.
In my own experience, trying to get guests or potential guests up to speed on anything they're not already familiar with, can be a real pre production issue. You'd be surprised how many guests I've had (or tried to have) who have no idea how to use Skype or Google Hangouts. Heck, some don't even have webcams.

andrewzarian
12-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Zoom.us is pretty good. I actually suggest people use google hangouts to get started. Google hangouts allows you to add lower thirds and control each participants audio manually. the quality may not be the best but it is a low cost way to do video switching