PDA

View Full Version : Is your email address on your Website?

andrewzarian
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
This morning I had a very interesting conversation with a major company that advertises on podcasts. They told me that they are surprised to see Podcasts/Internet Broadcasts do not post contact info on their sites. I actually went around looking at some Podcasts that I listen to and could not find an email address. This makes it very difficult for a listener or potential advertiser to contact you.

With that said Do you have your email address on your website. If you dont please explain why? :)

Donovan
11-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I have my email address and a contact telephone number in the "about" sections of the sites for each specific podcast as well as the show notes for each episode. It only makes sense to ensure that there are multiple ways for your audience AND potential advertisers to get in touch with you. :)

Podnutter
11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Wow i mean shouldn't it be common sense to post your contact info? Twitter and the facebook is not a great way for companies to contact you. I think for many people its all about the numbers. Its cool to show u have x amount of followers

MyTakeRadio
11-19-2012, 03:24 PM
This morning I had a very interesting conversation with a major company that advertises on podcasts. They told me that they are surprised to see Podcasts/Internet Broadcasts do not post contact info on their sites. I actually went around looking at some Podcasts that I listen to and could not find an email address. This makes it very difficult for a listener or potential advertiser to contact you.

With that said Do you have your email address on your website. If you dont please explain why? :)

All my contact info is on the site and also in our on air sign off. Can't forget we have contact forms on the site as well.

ChaseShumway
11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
I thought it was standard procedure to have a contact E-Mail on ANY site. We too have our contact info on the About Us page. Listed there are the individual E-Mail addresses for each host. We also have a contact form on its own page so our listeners can submit messages to be read on-air which we encourage them to do all the time.

andrewzarian
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
How do you think the IAIB found you :) It has been a nightmare to find contact info for most podcasters/internet broadcasters

jamesdelfresco
11-19-2012, 06:29 PM
What about spammers? Do you get a lot of spam ?

andrewzarian
11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
We have never had an issue with spammers