PDA

View Full Version : Using Two Logitech c920s at the same time

andrewzarian
11-19-2012, 08:32 AM
I am experiencing an issue with the Logitech C920. I would like to use two of them at the same time with Vidblaster but the Logitech Controls (color settings) only works on one camera. Is there a fix or workaround for this problem?

Donovan
11-19-2012, 09:37 AM
I've had the c920 and the c615 running at the same time and could independently change their settings. However, I was using Wirecast and was going into the device settings option in WC, selecting the camera and launching the control software that way.

I'm not sure if there is a way to manually launch the software for each camera otherwise. Microsoft cameras run two copies of the software for the two MS cameras that I use. It's still a game of chance, however, as to which one you're selecting when you click on the icon in the tray for the MS control software.

I know that doesn't answer your question - just providing my own experience.

BradShoemaker
11-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Microsoft cameras run two copies of the software for the two MS cameras that I use. It's still a game of chance, however, as to which one you're selecting when you click on the icon in the tray for the MS control software.

I don't have a solution for the Vidblaster Logitech problem either, hence I only use Microsoft Lifecams (at the time I couldn't get both cameras to show up together)... Now they will, but having the same problem with selecting the camera settings...

As to the Lifecam dilemma, I can't set the settings for each camera and have Vidblaster running... so I have to just hope for the best. Have you been able to control the MS settings with Vidblaster running?

Donovan
11-19-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't have a solution for the Vidblaster Logitech problem either, hence I only use Microsoft Lifecams (at the time I couldn't get both cameras to show up together)... Now they will, but having the same problem with selecting the camera settings...

As to the Lifecam dillemma, I can't set the settings for each camera and have Vidblaster running... so I have to just hope for the best. Have you been able to control the MS settings with Vidblaster running?

Brad - if you're asking me, I don't use VidBlaster. I can, however, change the settings of the MS cameras with Wirecast running.

Podnutter
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
I do not think its possible to use both cameras at the same time. I saw this same thing posted on another site

Donovan
11-19-2012, 02:34 PM
I do not think its possible to use both cameras at the same time. I saw this same thing posted on another site

Is that a limitation of Vidblaster?

Podnutter
11-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Donovan I dont think you are 100% correct. You can use Two logitech c920s or c910s at the same time. the issue is a limitation of the logitech drivers. You can not control the Color settings if both cameras are on.

Podnutter
11-19-2012, 03:41 PM
I just tried to use a c910 and c920 at the same time and had some issues. When you try to use the "color" controls it wont switch properly. It only switchs when you disconnect the other camera.

Donovan
11-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I was able to make it work with a 920 and a 615, but they may use two different drivers.

andrewzarian
11-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Same here. C910 and c920 have worked for me. The issue is controlling two of the same kind.

ericchilton
12-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Andrew,
I have the same issue but If I close Vidblaster and open the Logitech Camera Controller and open the "Quick Capture" program I can control them from there. But I am seriously considering getting another camera to make it easier.

boisapunk
12-28-2012, 10:45 AM
I have the same problem in VHmulticam. Only I get it also with the lifecam studio.

MovieBuff
05-24-2014, 07:05 PM
I am experiencing an issue with the Logitech C920. I would like to use two of them at the same time with Vidblaster but the Logitech Controls (color settings) only works on one camera. Is there a fix or workaround for this problem?

Any updates on this issue?

andrewzarian
05-24-2014, 09:08 PM
I actually no longer use two webcams in my setup. We have moved over to all Canon HD Cameras but still have one Logitech c920 left. Last think I remember is that there was no change to how the drivers work and its still a pain in the butt to use two c920's in a setup

MovieBuff
05-26-2014, 03:14 PM
I actually no longer use two webcams in my setup. We have moved over to all Canon HD Cameras but still have one Logitech c920 left. Last think I remember is that there was no change to how the drivers work and its still a pain in the butt to use two c920's in a setup

AMC Theatres does a live broadcast using 4x Logitech C920s. Check it out: Go to 59m9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesLvxtLpmI&feature=youtu.be&t=59m9s

andrewzarian
05-26-2014, 04:58 PM
The problem isnt using the cameras. You just dont have any camera controls via the logitech software.

MovieBuff
05-26-2014, 07:01 PM
The problem isnt using the cameras. You just dont have any camera controls via the logitech software.

Thanks for clarifying.