PDA

View Full Version : Streamcast

Spino
10-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Does anyone know this? http://www.streamstar.com/
Do you know the price?

andrewzarian
10-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I saw some info on this the other day. I cant find any type of pricing but I would guess that its similar to the livestream Box

cseeman
10-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Suspiciously I think Livestream may be OEMing the WebCast just as their Broadcast looks like a Teradek Cube.

I've notices StreamCast only notes three dealer locations in Slovakia (the company's location), Spain, Russian. I'd guess you might be able to get an EU price if you contact spain.

BTW there's a company that makes the box itself and OEMs it. There's actually an article in StreamingMedia where Jan Ozer is using it with Wirecast.

There's Webcast Case and Webcast software so it does seem a little "too" similar to Livestream's HD500 box and future software only release.

andrewzarian
10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Thats really interesting. I never thought of that. it does look very much like livestreams hd500

vmix
11-02-2012, 05:54 AM
cseeman,

Do you know the name of the case manufacturer by any chance?
Sounds like a good case to make a demo machine out of.

Martin

cseeman
11-02-2012, 07:02 AM
NextComputing Mobile Workstations.
http://www.nextcomputing.com/products/portable-workstations/radius

That's Wirecast running on this box.

http://www.streamingmedia.com/Images/ArticleImages/ArticleImage.12931.jpg

joedemax
11-04-2012, 05:59 PM
As Craig says, curiously a lot of these integrated solutions are using Next Computing's Radius computer. Makes sense considering the portability a built in monitor gives you.

andrewzarian
11-04-2012, 06:00 PM
How much do the cases go for?

joedemax
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
How much do the cases go for?

About $4000 if i recall correctly. It's not just a case, they build the whole computer for you.

andrewzarian
11-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Can you guy the case only?

Podnutter
11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
wow this is really cool looking how many diferent options do they have?

ASHERMAN
11-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

This is Aaron with NextComputing. I just saw this thread and thought I would chime in. Yes, we sell our boxes to a bunch of companies that sell their own live streaming systems. Livestream certainly has the publicity, although Streamstar's product is really impressive. The big difference is Webcast Case is designed for a touch interface (big buttons and such) and comes with the touch screen built in. It also has instant replay and slo-mo, something the Livestream HD500 currently does not offer (great for sports). On the other hand, the HD500 has HD-SDI out if want send to an another encoder or fit it into a traditional broadcast setup. Supposedly that too is in the works for Streamstar.

Also, to dispel any rumors - Livestream and Streamstar are not related to my knowledge. Streamstar's founders have been in development of their software for a couple years, and are now just announcing their products under that name. Livestream is obviously a big name in this market, unlike Streamstar who's known more in Europe. They've been getting more into hardware and software, but as far we know it's just a coincidence that their products are similar.

And yeah, our box works with Wirecast and lots of other applications out there. We have versions with and without the display, as well as more slots if you need to add more I/O cards. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. 603-459-2462

Thanks!