PDA

View Full Version : Where do most of your Podcast listeners come from?

andrewzarian
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Over the weekend I was talking to a friend of mine who is getting ready to start his podcast. He asked me an interesting question. He wanted to know where most of my listeners are coming from and if it matters?

So where do most of your listeners come from?

Amnon
10-17-2012, 06:42 PM
The Ether :-)

andrewzarian
10-17-2012, 07:03 PM
I would say over the past few months I have seen a change in how people view/listen to my podcasts. About 60% are coming directly from my website. The rest is Itunes

podcastcoach
10-17-2012, 08:31 PM
iTunes is still the majority for me, but there is a larger amount coming from smartphones, and I get a fair amount on Stitcher (so again smartphones).

andrewzarian
10-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Dave I think that's common among most Podcasters. But with that said is it a positive or a negative that the downloads/viewers are coming from outside of your website?

Wheelze
10-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Andrew,
I think that where your listeners come from depends on where and how you promote your respective podcast. For example, I promote mine on Twiter, To my individual groups that I'm a part of on LinkedIn and on Facebook. Now I don't get a rundown of where my listener base is coming from, but I think, and I'm just assuming here, that the majority of my listeners come from both LinkedIn as well as from Twitter.

MyTakeRadio
11-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Large amounts coming from Blog Talk Radio then iTunes and finally Stitcher.

andrewzarian
11-04-2012, 06:35 AM
Rich interesting you bring up Stitcher. I just took a look at my numbers and im seeing a lot of my download coming from stitcher.