PDA

View Full Version : Doing your podcast from the road? How do you do it

andrewzarian
10-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Many of us travel and I was wondering how you do your podcast while on the road. Do you cancel? Record and post later or do you have a mobile setup that you bring with you?

BradShoemaker
10-05-2012, 06:19 AM
The show is heading to Vegas in a couple of weeks. We'll be using a smaller setup than usual. Probably just a Zoom H4n with a couple of mics, one laptop, one or two cameras.

andrewzarian
10-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Will you be broadcasting the show live?

Dahalabit
10-05-2012, 07:31 PM
I have tried to do a live show from the road and its nearly impossible for me. It never works out. internet issues, audio never sounds right and a hand full of other BS. I gave up and just take off if im taveling

Linuxcooldude
10-08-2012, 06:25 AM

I have not found a good way to broadcast in a live situation outside the studio. So I record to camcorder to edit later and play the pre-recorded video during the live show. I'm keeping it simple, A Canon XF100 with a Sennheiser EW112-P wireless audio to a Sennheiser MD46 Mic. Will be using this setup this Friday covering the RealmsCONN event.

I think its fine for my purpose.

andrewzarian
10-08-2012, 09:28 AM
thats an awesome setup Linuxcooldude. We will be recording some stuff from Comic Con this week and will be using a very similar setup

Spencer Kobren
10-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I guess I'm lucky to be working with Andrew, since I can either Skype in from my laptop or just ask him to guest host the program…Makes my life a lot easier when I'm on the road.:)

jamesdelfresco
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I agree with andrew you have a great setup .

Linuxcooldude
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
thats an awesome setup Linuxcooldude. We will be recording some stuff from Comic Con this week and will be using a very similar setup

Is it going to be live? Or are you going to pre-record it too?

Its a small camera and was hoping to use a small camera bag too. But with wireless module it will not fit. Did not want to lug around a big bag.

andrewzarian
10-08-2012, 05:50 PM
It will be prerecorded. too much work to do it live :)

BradShoemaker
10-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Will you be broadcasting the show live?

Apparently my last post didn't go through. I thought I posted it, but last week was one of the busiest I have had in a long time (not that every week when you're doing this stuff isn't).

Anyway, yes I'm pretty sure we are, most likely from a hotel room, but I haven't worked out all the details just yet. When I do, I will post the info here.

BradShoemaker
11-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Just an update to the Vegas broadcast... I was planning on doing a live broadcast from Vegas; however, my computer decided not to cooperate with that venture. My barely 7 month old laptop decided to have screen issues. I had to have it repaired and now I'm back in business. It sucked because I was looking forward to a show; however, when you can't see what's on your computer it makes it hard to set everything up.

The rest of my equipment was back in Indy being used on other broadcasts we produce.