PDA

View Full Version : A Podcast about Podcasting?

jamesdelfresco
09-27-2012, 08:20 PM
It seems like the latest trend in Podcasting is a show about podcasting? Why are so many people doing shows on podcasting?

BradShoemaker
09-28-2012, 07:39 AM
When demand exists, overabundance of something begins. We saw it with Tech podcasting, comedy podcasting and now podcasting podcasting.

Its not a bad thing for sure, but this has started to become a hot topic with more and more former big name radio guys, comedians, and filmmakers (Kevin Smith) getting into the field.

andrewzarian
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Its the hot thing at this time. :)

Linuxcooldude
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
But the problem is, its such a niche type of show, you tend to run out of topics fairly quickly. Especially doing it weekly. It could be done if there is new technology coming out. Simular to what thetechbuzz does on "Broadcast Now".

podcastcoach
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Its funny in a way. Many come. Many Go. Most of us are trying to promote our consulting services, etc You can see a list a podcastsaboutpodcasting.com (http://www.podcastsaboutpodcasting.com) I know one person made it to two whole episodes before he podfaded.

andrewzarian
10-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Linuxcooldude has a point. Unless you have have a very good understand of how Audio and video works you will run out of topics.

podcastcoach
10-03-2012, 07:58 AM
True, but there is more to podcasting than microphone types, and pressing record. There is (if you want) how to monetize your podcast, how to grow your audience, connect with your audience. The other good thing is about the time you run our of topics there will be new software, or old software will die, etc. It's not easy, but its doable. I know after 326 episodes there are some Thursdays that I think, "I have no idea what I'm going to say in a few days on my podcast." About that time I go to my email, and there is my answer.

Linuxcooldude
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I think it could be easily done if its once a month. But as a weekly show would see it start to get redundant after a while.