PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feeds For All Shows

RadarGaming
09-26-2012, 06:55 AM
So im in the process of starting up 2 new podcasts and now i need to decided if I just do one big RSS feed or Have 1 for each show. I would be adding 4 new RSS feeds one for audio and one for video do you think its really worth it? I want to hear your thoughts on this.

joedemax
09-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Both. Have a combined RSS feed and then an individual RSS feed for every show you do.

dasme
09-26-2012, 09:19 AM
I would say both. I do and it works for me and my listeners. Here is a link to my main feeds page: http://vgpodcasts.com/feeds/ some people like to get EVERYTHING others like to pick and choose. It also allows you to submit multiple shows to iTunes increasing the possibility of people happening onto your shows by an errant search :)

RadarGaming
09-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I would say both. I do and it works for me and my listeners. Here is a link to my main feeds page: http://vgpodcasts.com/feeds/ some people like to get EVERYTHING others like to pick and choose. It also allows you to submit multiple shows to iTunes increasing the possibility of people happening onto your shows by an errant search :)

That looks good but do you offer both audio and video for both?

dasme
09-26-2012, 11:11 AM
That looks good but do you offer both audio and video for both?

Not currently, no. I do live shows and post the bulk of them to youtube. I haven't seen much demand for video really, working towards having video feeds for all my shows, but that's still a way out. If I did I would have both RSS feeds in the list, wouldn't change the layout much.

podcastcoach
09-26-2012, 11:25 AM
First of all I would do ONE podcast. You will find it takes more time than you think. Then once that's up and going, start the second.
You want to be able to make that first podcast as good as you can get it. I would use the PowerPress plugin which will make this whole thing super easy. Put the choice in the hands of the audience. I have one podcast that has three different podcasts on one feed. I hate one out of three. It bothers me every time I have to delete that episode that the podcaster didn't go the extra mile to save me the hassle.

andrewzarian
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I agree Both is a good idea. We have 1 super feed with all our shows plus individual feeds for each show