PDA

View Full Version : Podcasting Sound FX Board is Live

erictimmer
09-20-2012, 08:33 PM
So I finally got the app submitted to Apple and they accepted!!

If you have an iPad check it out:

Podcasting Sound FX Board (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/podcasting-sound-fx-board/id556799857?mt=8)

40 Sounds Included in Version 1.0:
√ - Boing
√ - Alarm
√ - Cow Moo
√ - Rubber Duck
√ - Rooster
√ - Ahhh
√ - Laughing
√ - Fog Horn
√ - Dog
√ - Monkey
√ - Phone Ring Tone
√ - Busy Signal
√ - Burp
√ - Clapping
√ - Fart
√ - Cowbell
√ - Rim Shot
√ - Bomb Drop with explosion
√ - Gun Shot
√ - Kiss
√ - Train
√ - Jet Plane
√ - Race Car
√ - Car Horn
√ - Drum Symbol
√ - Opening a can
√ - Scream
√ - Wolf Whistle
√ - Zipper
√ - Motorcycle
√ - Laser
√ - Airplane (propeller)
√ - Door Opening
√ - Door Closing
√ - Door Knock
√ - Pouring a Drink
√ - Toilet Flush
√ - Tire Screech
√ - Camera Shutter
√ - Harp

Thanks for checking it out,
Eric Timmer aka "ET":cool:

andrewzarian
09-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Wow great find Eric!!

podcastcoach
09-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Can you swap out sounds for something like "theme music," etc.

erictimmer
09-24-2012, 03:44 AM
Version 1.0 doesn't have the ability to add or remove sounds. I will probably add this feature in later versions, but first I have to learn how to do it ;-)

Importing and exporting files into iOS is a big P.I.T.A. since there isn't really a file system. I am not that great of a coder especially Objective C, so I will probably just outsource this part of the coding.

BradShoemaker
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
There is a soundboard app out there that costs money called SoundSlate. I use it for theme music, opens, closes, etc... of course the SoundSlate app is a pain in that if you are not by your computer, you cannot add mp3 files into it. You have to go through itunes to upload those types of files to the iPad. Assuming to protect you from emailing yourself illegal mp3s etc... which is one downfall of Apple, too much worrying about stealing you cut off actual innovation sometimes.

BTW, as a side note... This is an app I found months ago and I am only saying anything about it now so you can take a look at to see if you can dissect how they do it. I believe it can be dramatically improved and with you working on the app from a broadcasters perspective I am looking forward to what you come up with.

andrewzarian
09-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Interestingly enough Leo Laporte was discussing this topic on the Tech buy podcast this weekend. A caller asked about soundboard software for the Ipad.