PDA

View Full Version : Best audio and video editing software....

RichardCleveland
09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I thought I would pose this question and get the views and opinions from everyone.

Now in my studio I use several applications to accomplish my final result. I use Wirecast to record both my audio and video. Then I use Sony Vegas Pro to edit my video and strip out the audio. Finally I use Adobe Audition to clean up any audio issues I may have.

What do you use in your Studio?

Dahalabit
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I love Sony Vegas. I find it extremely easy to use

JaseRossi
09-18-2012, 03:29 PM
I use Wirecast to record the audio and video. I use Sony Vegas to edit the video and strip the audio out. I will edit the audio in Adobe Audition 3 and then I will run the final edit in Levelator just to make sure everything is at the same level. Then I will finish the audio version of the show in Audition and the final video version in Sony Vegas. Then upload and post. :)

Sean Callahan
09-18-2012, 06:21 PM
I use Premier Pro to edit, I used to use Final Cut Pro but recently switched to PC.

BradShoemaker
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Vidblaster to record audio and video (granted I also have backup audio via an SD card in the board just in case). I have Premiere Pro CS6 for video editing when needed and Adobe Audition CS6 for audio cleanup.

cseeman
09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Wirecast on Mac recording to Apple ProResLT. Record to server as backup.
On more advanced work, recording in camera as well.
Editing in Final Cut Pro X.

Steve
09-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I use a similar work flow as the others using Wirecast and Apple ProRes for recording video and edited with Final Cut X. For audio it's recorded with an Edirol R-09HR and edited with Adobe Audition.

erictimmer
09-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Mac:

Audio: GarageBand
Audacity

Video: iMovie
CamTwist
Final Cut X

PC:

Audio: Audacity

Video: Sony Vegas

merryflip
11-15-2012, 08:49 PM
well, I love windows movie maker, it's totally free!

Linuxcooldude
11-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I use Wirecast for recording video topics & screen-casting directly from the iPad for app reviews, using the record to disk feature. For editing I use iMovie for smaller, basic edits. For bigger projects such as remote news casts/stories I use FCP X. Screencasts from the desktop I use iShowU HD.

Occasionally I will record audio using quicktime for better quality, which I sync with a handheld camcorder in the studio in FCP X.

I might try using the record to disk in ProRes if I import into FCP X to see how I like it.

sunkast
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't think anyone could definitively say what is the best. But there are definitely some top tier choices. Adobe Audition and Audacity would be the top programs for audio. Personally I prefer audition. For video editing, it can partially depend on what platform you are using. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and Sony Vegas would be my top 3. Again my personal favorite is Vegas. Sometimes I just feel that Premiere is overly complicated for simply making a couple of edits.

Now video encoding, that's an entirely different story. Both Premiere and FCP are better at encoding than Vegas. I've ended up using DebugMode Frameserver and MeGui to server video from Vegas into MeGui's x264 encoder. The result is much better than anything Vegas can encode on its own.

Also for audio processing, I have a few VSTs that work great in Vegas.

CharlesWillson
12-17-2013, 05:24 AM
I thought I would pose this question and get the views and opinions from everyone.

Now in my studio I use several applications to accomplish my final result. I use Wirecast to record both my audio and video. Then I use Sony Vegas Pro to edit my video and strip out the audio. Finally I use Adobe Audition to clean up any audio issues I may have.

What do you use in your Studio?

I also use Wirecast to record the audio and video. While I get any technical problem I directly contact to Adobe Technical Support (http://acetecsupport.com/adobe_support.html). They help me many times. I always prefer adobe software.

MovieBuff
12-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6(Encore for blurays & dvds) & CC for everything else.
Adobe Audition CC (They still need to fix the UI/UX).

MyTakeRadio
12-20-2013, 12:28 AM
I use Sony Movie Studio 12 for Video and Audacity for Audio.

chrisnitzel
12-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Vegas is great and very affordable to get started with.

andrewzarian
12-29-2013, 10:07 AM
I think Vegas is great for anyone looking to learn editing. it has nearly every feature you need and is affordable.