PDA

View Full Version : Is Podcasting Making a Come Back?

jamesdelfresco
09-03-2012, 11:19 AM
there is a very interesting blog post on the Huff Po Website . Is Podcasting Making a Come back? I didnt know it went away ???

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/mitch-joel/podcast_b_1851131.html

William Thomas
09-03-2012, 02:10 PM
you cant believe anything in the huff shitbag....ariana is a communist and a flip flopper....she has lots of inherited money from her dead husband....can you tell i dont like her...lol

they dont know anything

BradShoemaker
09-03-2012, 08:02 PM
To some podcasting never went away, but to many podcasting never truly existed. Blogging is easy to do, takes little effort to open up a doc editor (be it your traditional fare or posting your musings directly to the cloud) but podcasting and video productions take more effort, more equipment, more geek skills to put together than a blog.

As I stated in another thread on the topic, it is only now that everything is converging to help push the medium. To put together a decent video show (with good audio) the equipment has become within the average persons price range, the software is out there, the know how is growing and for the first time ever it is all converging with broadband.

When blogging exploded, dial up was the mainstay. Easy for words and pictures, very difficult for watchable video and listenable audio.

That convergence, more than anything, is what is FINALLY going to spark this internet broadcast revolution... which also means it's about to get very muddy (just like blogging did) and the ones who find a way to stand out will rise to the top and be the next Huffpo/Techcrunch of ibroadcasting.

andrewzarian
09-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Brad has a good point. To some it never went away for many it comes and goes. Podfading...