PDA

View Full Version : Youtube flags home video made in Imovie

andrewzarian
03-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Has anyone else experienced an issue with Youtube flagging videos that contain royalty free content.

Here is an example of what they flagged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGenCS9ilA

Note : The video was made in Imovie

Common Law Wife
03-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't know anything about the YouTube flagging issue, but LOVING that video :p

andrewzarian
03-26-2012, 08:35 PM
I just cant see how they can flag a video made with royalty free content. Thanks so much. It was my first time using Imovie. It only took 15 hours to make :)

Spencer Kobren
03-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Sooo, is anyone going to bring up Andrew's hat?

andrewzarian
03-27-2012, 06:15 AM
HEY! That was my great grandmothers mink hat. I wear it and walk around with a bottle of Vodka.. Reminds me of the old country

jessicazarian
03-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow that hat is really bad!! I can't believe you wear that in public

Linuxcooldude
08-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Had exactly same problem. Just probably flagged by their automated software. I just challenged the copyright notice by sending the links to Youtube and they removed the notice from my channel:

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iLife11.pdf

iii. iMovie Software. Use of some iMovie features will depend on the features of your camera. You
understand and agree that results from using the Video Stabilization and Rolling Shutter Correction
features may vary and video stabilization and rolling shutter correction may not be achieved
depending on video content quality. Results from the use of the People Finder feature will vary.
Travel map graphics may not include all cities, countries or points of interests. You understand and
agree that uploading your movies to a third party service requires compliance with the terms and
conditions of that service.
iMovie contains sample content including but not limited to graphics, audio clips, video clips and/or
templates (“Sample Content”). This Sample Content is proprietary to Apple and/or its licensors, and is
protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright.
Except as otherwise provided, all Sample Content included in iMovie may be used on a royalty-free
basis in your own video projects but may not be distributed on a standalone basis.

Except as otherwise provided, all Sample Content included in iMovie may be used on a royalty-free
basis in your own video projects but may not be distributed on a standalone basis.

ronknights
09-28-2013, 05:10 AM
I use iMovie for all my YouTube videos. One day I sat down and made trailer videos using every one of their formats. None of them was flagged.

I rarely use any outside content for my videos, except for the transitions provided in iMovie.