PDA

View Full Version : What is the best advice/tip someone gave you about podcasting

andrewzarian
08-26-2012, 07:11 PM
What do you consider the best advice / tip someone gave you about Podcasting. The best tip I got was to invest in a mic Preamp/Compressor. It has done wonders for my Audio.

Spencer Kobren
08-27-2012, 08:01 AM
What do you consider the best advice / tip someone gave you about Podcasting. The best tip I got was to invest in a mic Preamp/Compressor. It has done wonders for my Audio.

When I was first starting out, a well known New York program director, who shall remain nameless, since he was a fan of the bald show and didn't work for the station that I was on:), told me that whatever I do I should just be myself. He said the fastest road to mediocrity or failure in this business is to “do” someone else when you're on the air. I see that all the time in the podcasting world and it just never works.

There’s only one Leo Laporte and im my view, he’s the best at “doing” Leo.:)

MyTakeRadio
08-27-2012, 02:05 PM

Don't compromise who you are to get ahead. People will through phoniness immediately.

andrewzarian
08-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Proper Mic technique goes a long way.

Sherasaurus
12-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I strongly believe every podcast has a purpose.

Once you determine what it is, you will attract like minded listeners. It's amazing by living this and putting it out there can bring the very thing you hope and dream in whatever you do, in our case, podcasting.

mcphillips
12-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi, Sherasaurus, and welcome to the IAIB. We look forward to your participation.

mcphillips
12-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Some of the best advice I ever got in the radio business was the knowledge that the average radio listener typically has one MORE year of education than the average DJ. It's pretty hard to condescend to someone who has more education than you do.

erictimmer
12-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Someone once told me start with your mixer levels on Zero. They said that most mixers are amplified so you don't need to crank up the volume.

CraigShank
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Think like a listener.

Know your material inside and out before you ever turn up the microphone.

Smile when you speak.

If you sound bored, your audience will be bored.

Sometimes the best way to grab your audience's attention is through a well-placed silence.

Dahalabit
04-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Less is more. I was putting my show out at 320kbps. The show was over 200 megs. I dropped it down to 64k and all is good!

PaulSaunders
10-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Someone told me to come here and ask questions about podcasting. I was in one of the google groups and people pointed in this direction

techzentv
10-30-2013, 08:43 AM
That was great advice, you can learn alot by hanging around in here.

Dan Ortego
10-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Go about your choices in moderation and not get hung-up on fancy equipment. Unfortunately, I don't always follow that advice as a wingnut, gadget-hound, and all-around tech geek.