PDA

View Full Version : Had two guys approach me...

Donovan
08-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I had two guys approach me about helping them put together a weekly podcast. Their content and purpose is to provide recommendations on who will win what games when it comes to football games. I personally am not a sports person, so their business model interested me. They aren't taking bets, but they feel that their predictions are accurate enough that they can get people to pay to hear them.

The podcast is just a way to promote their site. They won't be revealing their picks during the podcast, of course. Neither one of these two guys have been on camera before, and even though it started out a bit rough, I think it turned out quite well for their first episode. It wound up being two friends just talking about football.

Anyway, here's the link to the audio and video. I highly recommend watching the video.

http://www.anairo.tv/ranjak-sports-the-great-big-sports-show-1/

BradShoemaker
08-19-2012, 01:36 PM
They're called handicappers and you will hear them on terrestrial radio all the time around football season. They usually have a 2 minute ad buy where they discuss the ins and outs of the game, give you a simple prediction as proof and make you pay for the rest.

It seems to do well for them using regular sports talk, these guys look like they are taking it to the next level.

I had two guys approach me about helping them put together a weekly podcast. Their content and purpose is to provide recommendations on who will win what games when it comes to football games. I personally am not a sports person, so their business model interested me. They aren't taking bets, but they feel that their predictions are accurate enough that they can get people to pay to hear them.

The podcast is just a way to promote their site. They won't be revealing their picks during the podcast, of course. Neither one of these two guys have been on camera before, and even though it started out a bit rough, I think it turned out quite well for their first episode. It wound up being two friends just talking about football.

Anyway, here's the link to the audio and video. I highly recommend watching the video.

http://www.anairo.tv/ranjak-sports-the-great-big-sports-show-1/

Donovan
08-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah, they're very excited about it, that's for sure. I saw great potential in what they are doing, so that's why I agreed to produce and use my studio for them. Payment is pizza and beer to start with, but hopefully some additional revenue will see its way in my direction from it. :)