PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself...

Bayless
08-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Hello!

I am very happy to be a part of IAIB (http://www.ibroadcastnetwork.org/member/jason-bayless) for several reasons, but first let me introduce myself.

I am the founder of Zombie Popcorn (http://Zombie-Popcorn.com) and self taught broadcaster. I don't have connections with people who are broadcasters so most of my knowledge comes from reading items online and mainly from trial and error. (mostly errors, lots of errors.)

I started broadcasting on Zombie Popcorn with a live stereoscopic (anaglyph 3D) two hour stream. (Even before then, my wife and I posted audio broadcasts -but that was short lived.) I started out with a USB mic, a 3D camera and streamed with Ustream. We began to receive followers and the number one complaint was that they did not have access to anaglyph 3D glasses. (This was right before the move for 3D tvs and before the great 3D movie burst).

I wanted to make my viewers happy so I invested in more mics, a mixing board, and took the show off the live stream and focused on a pre-recorded show. I began using pro-consumer 2D HD camera and began learning about editing.

As our viewer ship grew so did the requests to add more shows. Who am I to say no, so I sat down with friends and we started up the show, This Non-Religious Life. From there ideas kept coming and more shows were added. I currently produce and edit 5 shows and host 1 for a friend, on Zombie Popcorn - with several live events and shows currently in the works.

I decided to bring two shows back online for live streaming, still in 2D, and currently working to bring more shows to the site and to the live streaming community - including bring back a 3D show.

I am still pushing the limit of what I can do with broadcasts because it is a learning process and with little money in the bank - DIY is the way to go.

My goal is to have fun, meet people and create broadcasts that people will enjoy. So, if you want to work on something together - let me know :)

MyTakeRadio
08-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the IAIB Bayless.

Bayless
08-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks - very happy to be here.

Donovan
08-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Welcome! I started watching an episode of This Non-Religious Life. I really dig it so far. :)

Bayless
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks, Donovan - I am happy to hear you dig the show.