PDA

View Full Version : Has Justin.tv forgotten about non Gamers?

andrewzarian
08-11-2012, 07:42 PM
At one point I would have suggest JTV as the best CDN for internet Broadcasters. A lot has changed over the past year or two. JTV seems to only care about internet gaming. Why did they change direction? Are we not important to them?

JaseRossi
08-11-2012, 08:29 PM
It's sad how much JTV has gone down hill! I don't think Justin.TV should have ANY gaming streams. I mean that is what Twitch.TV is for right? They are the same freaking company!

RadarGaming
08-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Gaming has done so well on justin so they have just stuck with the gaming side. They xare about the other streamers but they dont make the money that games make.

Donovan
08-12-2012, 06:21 AM
It's sad how much JTV has gone down hill! I don't think Justin.TV should have ANY gaming streams. I mean that is what Twitch.TV is for right? They are the same freaking company!

According to my oldest son, who is a Twitch.tv admin, if they see a stream on JTV that is primarily gaming, it it supposed to get pulled up under the Twitch banner and out of JTV. I suppose they don't catch them all, however. I do know there is a lot of focus on Twitch over JTV simply because gaming streams make the most money. My son has a friend who easily makes around $6k per month streaming his videos on Twitch along with YouTube and some other deals he has in place. At the age of 42, I guess I have trouble finding that connection with the gaming world that would allow me to understand how streaming a game and posting videos of game play is making him that kind of money, but it's working for him and many others.

Sick, huh? LOL

William Thomas
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey Donovan, How can we make that much streaming space invaders and pac man....seems like there are lots of peeps from 40 and up that would like that....lol...oh its free to play...well damn....ok...have to come up with something else....lol

Donovan
08-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Hey Donovan, How can we make that much streaming space invaders and pac man....seems like there are lots of peeps from 40 and up that would like that....lol...oh its free to play...well damn....ok...have to come up with something else....lol

Man, that would be awesome, wouldn't it?