PDA

View Full Version : To those that have music stations....

holidayamericaradio
08-06-2012, 11:40 PM
For those of you that have music stations, is there a current list of record company contacts for internet stations? I thought I found a good source and of 18 eamils I sent 13 came back as undeliverable.

Any help will be appricated.

mcphillips
08-07-2012, 06:11 AM
What is your objective? Are you trying to obtain free music, or are you trying to obtain rights to play the music?

holidayamericaradio
08-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Looking for promo material. I have the licensing fees covered already.

sunkast
08-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Looking for promo material. I have the licensing fees covered already.

If you are looking for promo music, you could try looking into subscription services like Promo Only (http://www.promoonly.com).

andrewzarian
08-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Ahh the great sunkast strikes again!!

holidayamericaradio
08-07-2012, 07:55 PM
If you are looking for promo music, you could try looking into subscription services like Promo Only (http://www.promoonly.com).

Promo Only would be great, if they actually responded to emails and messages.

mcphillips
08-07-2012, 07:59 PM
It's going to be tough to get the record companies to provide you with material. Still, it's worth trying. You may end up having to purchase your music.

holidayamericaradio
08-07-2012, 09:12 PM
I've cracked a couple of them. I may just need to hit the phone books and start making calls.

mcphillips
08-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Isn't all music distributed electronically now? Back in my radio days, we played records that had to be mailed. New stations had a tough time convincing the record companies to spend the money to mail the records. However, once you got on the list, there was a never-ending supply of new music, most of it really bad.

holidayamericaradio
08-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Isn't all music distributed electronically now? Back in my radio days, we played records that had to be mailed. New stations had a tough time convincing the record companies to spend the money to mail the records. However, once you got on the list, there was a never-ending supply of new music, most of it really bad.

Back in my radio days it was the same thing. The few companies that I have gotten to send me music are still sending out CD's. I have a feeling even though technology has advanced, I'm going to have to go old school and make calls and do some stroking, just like when I was a Music or Program Director.

mcphillips
08-09-2012, 04:30 AM
My family owned the only record stores in our small town. Our radio station competitor never did get record companies to put him on their lists. They purchased all of their music from us every week. They were probably one of our best customers.