PDA

View Full Version : Here's how we do it at FingerLakes1.TV

Jim Sinicropi
08-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Hello Fellow Internet Broadcasters...

Since 1999 we have operated a local news and information portal to the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We have grown to the point where we average about 25,000 visits daily to our local network. A little over a year ago we began producing more video content, audio podcasts and live webcasts.

Because of our built in audience, we were fortunate to be able to have viewers of this content right off the bat and that helped to justify some of the expense that went into our studio and remote rig.

We have also been able to monetize our webcasts to the point where we aren't losing money on the venture. Many of our webcasts, especially local sporting events are actually quite profitable and well supported by local businesses.

Basically, our workflow includes Vidblaster, Audacity, Adobe FLME, and Livestream Premium.

Hardware includes a Behringer USB mixer (same model for in studio and remote), Behringer condenser mics, i7 desktop in studio and i7 laptop for remotes and a whole ton of other stuff from mic stands, powered usb hubs, cords, headphones, monitors, lighting, duct tape, etc. etc.

Most of our shows have their own Word Press homepage. We highlight our recent episodes at our network homepage at www.FingerLakes1.com and house all our video content at www.fingerlakes1.tv. We publish to Stitcher and iTunes. Recently we have started uploading everything to YouTube.

We currently have 9 live weekly/bi-weekly shows in our line-up and offer many special live event webcasts.

Although we are quite aggressive, I am very new to this and have used the information her at IAIB and forums such as Vidblaster's support forum to learn about this emerging way of doing things.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on our network. You can best review our most recent content at http://www.fingerlakes1.tv

Thanks and glad to be a member of the IAIB!