PDA

View Full Version : Osprey 100 has three inputs

William Thomas
08-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Am I the only one that has used the osprey 100 card with three cameras connected and switched in on the fly in osprey config?

Looks seamless on vidblaster. Cant tell if its a switcher or what the hell i am doing. Has anyone else done this and will it hurt anything?

Thanks

Bill

joedemax
08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Switching in the config is a hardware settings being changed in the software. The device itself does not provide 3 separte DirectShow video streams, so anything other than a cut is impossible. I'd also doubt it would be able to manage a clean cut without glitching, as i doubt the card does vertical interval switching and syncs up the inputs in the card.

William Thomas
08-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Joe,

You are correct about being three separate streams but wrong about it being a clean cut....it is as quick as any other cut on wirecast or VB. its pretty wild....for me right now while i am waiting to make a decision on what card to buy BM Quad or osprey 440 it will switch from three different cameras....I have one cam that is on a 1394 firewire card and i go the that cam and while i am on that cam i can switch the cam in the osprey 100 filter. Then i can switch back to that same module. All three cams connected to that osprey work fine. Not the right way to do it but it does work.

Clear as mud....

Bill

joedemax
08-05-2012, 06:38 PM
No freeze frames inbetween cuts?