PDA

View Full Version : VidBlaster v2.21 beta - Introducing the new replay server

andrewzarian
08-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Vidblaster came out with a new Verison ( 2.21 ) Here are the changes

This release introduces the new Video Replay III replay server, a more advanced version of the old replay modules. Video Replay III uses a combination of modules to create a powerful replay server. The heart of the server is the Replay Controller module, which is used to create clips for replay. Each video source is represented by a Replay Source module. Replay Playlists, introduced later, can be added to create custom playlists.

New in this release:

Added Replay Controller module, part of Video Replay III (Pro+ only).
Added Replay Source module, part of Video Replay III (Pro+ only).
Streamer: added support for H.264.
Added fix for a potential CPU core serialization problem, resulting in smoother video.
TCP Server: Command apiwrite's value parameter supports escaping (API).
New artwork.
Translator: empty menu caption translation makes it invisible.
Video Effect: added loop prevention.
Diagnostics: fixed bug in module creation.
RTSP/RTMP In: fixed error message.
Fixed bug in API's apiwrite ,,[png].
Powerpoint: fixed black frame bug.

Download the new VidBlaster here. Note if you have/had previously installed v2.19 on your PC you must follow this procedure to properly install v2.21 with its new VVD:
1. install v2.21
2. uninstall v2.21
3. install v2.21 again.

TomSinclair
08-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Don't overlook the H.264 streaming support. That unlocks VidBlaster streams to iPhones/iPads.

I'll be doing an "unboxing" of this new version on my next show on 8/7/12. (ThatVidBlasterGuy.com (http://www.ThatVidBlasterGuy.com))

jamesdelfresco
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I really wish Vidblaster was better with cpu usage...

TomSinclair
08-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Just tested version 2.21 on an i3 laptop and was able to stream 640x480 @ 30 fps with CPU usage under 50%. Not bad.

I remember the days when I could barely stream a quad core Intel CPU at 320x240 @ 30 fps using VidBlaster and CPU at 80%+.

So, looks like "better" has arrived!

Amnon
08-05-2012, 04:08 AM
Don't overlook the H.264 streaming support. That unlocks VidBlaster streams to iPhones/iPads.(ThatVidBlasterGuy.com (http://www.ThatVidBlasterGuy.com))

Am I missing something? How does it help, if the CDN is sending it out as Flash?

joedemax
08-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Am I missing something? How does it help, if the CDN is sending it out as Flash?

Flash is the container. Previously VidBlaster was using VP6 as the codec to encode the video stream. VP6 is an old and antiquated codec, which is a lot less efficient than H.264. Mike Versteeg has long claimed that H.264 uses more CPU usage and AV sync issues (it doesn't). Of course this change is really no work on Mike's part, as VidBlaster itself has no live encoder, it just uses FMLE in the background and feed ins VidBlaster VVD.