PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Mistake you have made (Internet Broadcasting)

andrewzarian
07-22-2012, 04:42 AM
What is the dumbest mistake you have made when it comes to Podcasting / Internet Broadcasting. I have a few to add to this list but the one that comes to mind right now is the time I left all my mics on while I was making sales calls. If anyone was listening they would of heard all my financial information being discussed on the phone.

What are some things you have done?

Spencer Kobren
07-22-2012, 06:44 AM
That's pretty dumb!:) LOL

Donovan
07-22-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm writing a book about my first year and I cover this in it, but the dumbest thing I've done so far was in the early months. I was using software to capture my Skype calls and my own mic input. We did the entire show, which was about 45 minutes, only for me to discover at the end that I had forgotten to actually click the capture button. The only thing recorded was my vocals, so it was pretty much a one sided conversation That's when I started forcing myself to perform a check list before every show. :)

Really sad part --- it was a pretty good show. LOL

Linuxcooldude
07-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Of course everyone probably done this one: The "I forgot to unmute the mic button" to start talking and viewers not hearing anything. But they usually let you know in the chatroom if that happens.

andrewzarian
07-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Its fun to see other people make the same mistakes as you :)

BradShoemaker
07-23-2012, 06:21 AM
It would have to be forgetting to hit record on Vidblaster leaving me with my backup, a very choppy video recorded from Ustream that was streamed at a very low resolution because of the bar's horrid internet connection. It was almost better to not even show it than post what was recorded.

andrewzarian
07-23-2012, 07:27 AM
The biggest mistake I made was the first year of my show :)

JaseRossi
07-23-2012, 09:00 AM
I think one of the biggest mistakes was when I got to interview Steve Wiebe from the King of Kong for one of my old shows. We got through the whole thing! and when I went to check the file, it was blank! no audio!

I about cried but Steve was cool enough to do the interview again and it was awesome!

So always make sure your audio is working!

talksabouttech
07-23-2012, 03:39 PM
The biggest mistake I made was to forget to press the record button with no backup and what was even worse was the episode after that I made the same mistake!