PDA

View Full Version : Please don't laugh... need advice on an ear monitor

TomSinclair
07-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Looking for something that is as invisible as possible and with a fairly long cord (6+ feet). One ear only is preferred. Cheaper the better! I could spend $50 if pushed. Using an old cell phone ear bud but the cord's too short, don't need a mic and the dog chewed on one ear. As you can see I need help! Suggestions?

andrewzarian
07-20-2012, 05:50 AM
This is a great question. Im interested in a good pair also. Lets wait and see what people say :)

sunkast
07-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey Tom,

I have been looking for the same myself. I tried the MEElectronics M6-CL, but found they were pretty awful and a complete waste of money. They just don't sound good unless they are jammed into your ear, and even then they don't stay in. Other than that I haven't found anything clear that is under $50. For the most part, I've only seen professional in ear monitors that are clear. But then you're talking lots of money.

However, you made not need to worry much about the cord length. All you really need is for it to be long enough that it goes down to your torso. From there if you want it to be longer, you could use a headphone extension cord. You can get them fairly cheap from Monoprice, which is what I've done.

I'd be interested as well if anyone else has found good/cheap in ear monitors. Especially if they are the type that go behind your ear.

TomSinclair
07-20-2012, 10:24 AM
@suncast - almost bought that one. Whew! Thanks for the heads-up.

Anyone?

William Thomas
07-20-2012, 03:19 PM
just get an extension for the one you have...probably have one laying around already...all of a sudden your cord is longer....or go to wal mart and get one for 2 bucks and get and extension...good luck..

MovieBuff
05-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Any updates on this thread?

AndrewSeabrook
05-07-2014, 08:45 PM
The studio Tech guys had some advice on these in one of their episodes this year. Perhaps check with Vance or Mark?

mcphillips
05-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Tom, you should look into having your hearing aids interconnected with your sound system.

PaulSaunders
05-09-2014, 03:42 PM
I too am interested in getting some.