PDA

View Full Version : Free Screencast Software

Jadori
07-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to do live screencasts. What would you recommend as the best free software to be able to screencast on Ustream? Also I was wondering I was thinking about trying Justin.tv what would you recommend Ustream or Justin.tv

RadarGaming
07-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to do live screencasts. What would you recommend as the best free software to be able to screencast on Ustream? Also I was wondering I was thinking about trying Justin.tv what would you recommend Ustream or Justin.tv

Xsplit is a great program to so that. You can stream to any site you would like they may be a watermark not sure I dont have the free version but overall its a great program for what your looking to do.

cseeman
07-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Hello Everyone,

Ustream Producer is free. There's also a path to paid versions with more advanced features.

http://www.ustream.tv/producer

Jadori
07-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I installed Ustream producer once. Then I ended up getting the error that it didn't like my video card. Does anyone know how to fix this error?

cseeman
07-09-2012, 04:09 PM
If you mean Graphics Card I haven't ever seen it reject a graphics card. The card can impact quality but I've never seen it reject a card. You'd have to post the error message.

andrewzarian
07-09-2012, 05:24 PM
what are the specs of your computer ?

Jadori
07-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Here is the error message that I get:

Ustream Producer Was Unable To Start

The Direct3D video card in this system does not support the texture features Ustream Producer needs to run. Please upgrade your video card.

Jadori
07-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core2Duo 1.5 Ghz

Ram: 2.0 GB

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit system

alexferri
07-12-2012, 11:51 AM
ManyCam is free and it will do the work. ScreenCamera is paid but has the advantage of recording your screencast in high definition.