PDA

View Full Version : Tom Leykis On The Future of Broadcasting In Sunday's LA Times

Spencer Kobren
06-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Tom Leykis returns — over the Internet

The shock jock, who used to be on KLSX-FM, has brought his show back online with minimal staff and resources. This could be the future of radio.

Read the Article
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-tom-leykis-20120701,0,6829666.story

brianmonroe
06-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Spencer,

Thanks for posting the link. I know that Tom Leykis has a loyal and growing listening base that goes way beyond the KLSX-FM listener base he used to have. I am sure he will find much success as an Internet Broadcaster as his message is important to all men in the western world as our laws and customs are similar. I also know that there have been many great shows he did when he was on the radio that have been posted (by fans) to YouTube and had many viewers along with being shared around some of the message boards I visit. For his fans, The YouTube clips where a nice way to re-live some of the best moments of his show while he was sidelined because of the format change and I believe pressure from feminists that did not like him being on the radio.

There is no question that Internet Broadcasting is the future of radio. It provides way more choices in programs to listen to and has a lot less or no irrelevant advertisements to annoy the listener. Not only that but with podcasts/downloads, you can listen when you want and not only when the show is live/recorded. For many shows this is a great thing as interactivity is not important to their format.