PDA

View Full Version : How To Book a guest for your podcast. Do's and Don'ts

andrewzarian
06-22-2012, 05:38 AM
What are some ways you book guests for your Podcast / Internet broadcast. Over the last few years I have learned from my mistakes and I would like to share some of them.

Twitter is great to connect with a potential guest but always request an email address to follow up.

One of the most important tools to use is IMDB. If you are booking an actor you can find their contact info, PR, Management Etc.. Via a IMDB Pro Account.

If you do not hear from them try again. ( Not too many times :0 )

What are some methods you guys use to book your guests. I will be making a follow up thread on ways to promote your guest.

mcphillips
06-22-2012, 08:34 AM
We sometimes use Radio Guest List (http://radioguestlist.com).

Jadori
06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I have used Radio Guest List but here are some other ones I would recommend:

Find A Radio Guest

Guest Match

andrewzarian
06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
One of the best ways I have gotten guests is twitter. Build a relationship with the person you are trying to get on your show before you

Jadori
06-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Twitter has not really worked for me. I will take your advice and try it your way and see what happens. I love going through a guest service it makes it easy to find people who are podcast-friendly and want to be interviewed. I have dealt with people who don't know what a podcast is and also don't want to be interviewed on a podcast.

Dahalabit
09-04-2012, 08:15 AM
At the station that I worked at we would generally get a list of authors, comedians and so on every week. I beleive you can sign up for something online and get updates on people looking to be on shows.

jamesdelfresco
09-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I wonder if the IAIB could have a Book me thread or a classifieds section of guest can post and see if anyone would like to book them.

mcphillips
09-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I imagine most regulars here would be guests, if asked. I've done quite a few shows.

William Thomas
09-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Great Idea to have a thread for people that can be guests for a show.

Some of us here are hobbyists and some are full time but most have other jobs or have had other jobs so I will bet the range of topics that we could talk about would be awesome. Not to mentions other topics like "how to apply at a college" or a million other things.

Not just another "how to" show about video this and audio that.

Another great IAIB idea.