PDA

View Full Version : Top CDNs Reviewed by Jan Ozer

TomSinclair
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
In the June edition of Streaming Media Magazine (USA version) there is a very interesting review by streaming pro Jan Ozer of top CDNs.

Ozer renames Ustream, Justin.tv, Livestream and Bambuser as LSSPs (Live Streaming Service Providers) and gives a very in depth review of each. Notable that Stickam did not make the list. Notable also that all of these services have a FREE streaming option. No pay-only LSSPs (like BitGravity) were included in the review.

http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/Ustream-Justin.tv-Livestream-and-Bambuser-Streaming-Unplugged-83016.aspx

Enjoy!

BTW - Get your own copy of SMM delivered to your door here (http://information-today.omeda.com/data/strm/welcome/).

andrewzarian
06-13-2012, 05:01 AM
Thanks Tom! I know many people have jumped over the Bambuser over the past year due to the insane amount of Ads Ustream is now doing.

Amnon
06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks Tom! I know many people have jumped over the Bambuser over the past year due to the insane amount of Ads Ustream is now doing.
You can have the best of both, by streaming a low quality stream to U-stream, with a banner that tells viewers to go to the URL of your choice to participate.
Works for us :-)

andrewzarian
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM
how is the drive by traffic with Bambuser ?

mcphillips
06-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Tom, I subscribed to the print version of Streaming Media magazine last week, and this week I got the digital version. Do they send both? I don't read magazines online.

TomSinclair
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Mike, No sure. I just get the printed version.

Will be interesting to see how Bambuser changes as the need for cash increases.

andrewzarian
06-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Mike same thing happened to me. Signed up for the print but it only confirmed for the digital... Guess I got to wait and see if I get anything in the mail...

mcphillips
06-17-2012, 04:34 AM
I called them yesterday to ask, but as luck would have it, I called a few minutes after their office closed.