PDA

View Full Version : Wirecast derivative to become official streaming software for YouTube Live?

joedemax
03-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Just found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WblYfsCaBI

any thoughts?

andrewzarian
03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
this is really cool stuff Joe. Has this been officially announced by either side?

joedemax
03-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Nope, not yet. Possibly due for announcement at this years NAB show?

brianmonroe
03-27-2012, 10:24 AM
I think this looks like a good thing as it will allow more people to become familiar with WireCast and broadcasting in general. I still think that Telestream does need to work on features their core base has been asking for, for years but this is a good thing for the long term health of Telestream.

andrewzarian
03-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Telestream is very good at make these deals with streaming sites. with Ustream and now Youtube they will be the dominant player

cseeman
04-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Is this official enough?
Telestream posted this on April 11
http://blogs.telestream.net/wirecast/2012/04/11/wirecast-for-youtube-is-here/

cseeman
04-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Telestream blog points to this on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/wc4ytlive

joedemax
04-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Telestream blog points to this on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/wc4ytlive

Orignal post predates the official announcement.

cseeman
04-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Orignal post predates the official announcement.

It certainly does. So I followed up with the "official" announcement . . . well "official" blog post at least.

andrewzarian
04-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Cseeman I am very glad to see Wirecast is joining up with youtube on this.. Now only if it had VVD..... :)

joedemax
04-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Cseeman I am very glad to see Wirecast is joining up with youtube on this.. Now only if it had VVD..... :)

There's a revolt in the Wirecast forum right now about the lack of VVD, people are getting restless at this point.

cseeman
04-23-2012, 10:22 AM
VVD is likely just a matter of time. Wirecast is far more complex than other programs. One BIG difference is that it's cross platform so it must work in Windows and Mac. Also you may note that Telestream likes to work with providers with custom support. You see that in Wirecast for Youtube (which is FREE to those partners with streaming enabled), Producer series for Ustream (ranging from FREE to less expensive than the equivalent Wirecast), VBrick Rich Media Desktop.

VVD is a very important general purpose tool though. Given the above, you might imagine that such thoughts as Wirecast for Skype or Wirecast for Go2Meeting or Wirecast for GoogleHangouts would be things they'd also entertain (not that I know this but it exemplifies the thinking). Telestream likes to custom build so this could well be part of their considerations. You also don't see that in other switcher encoders.

andrewzarian
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
@cseeman I am very excited to hear that. VVD is an important part of what I do. We depend on being able to send video back to hosts or to the studio during remote shows. I need to start spending more time with Wirecast.

cseeman
04-24-2012, 07:32 PM
As you can see from my other post (thread I started) they've announced some of the road map including VVD and RTSP input support.
They just started an "Insider Program" for the most "opinionated" users (beginners welcome) so they can work directly with a core group of users on not only testing the builds but having input on features and UI, etc.

Spencer Kobren
04-26-2012, 07:49 AM
As you can see from my other post (thread I started) they've announced some of the road map including VVD and RTSP input support.
They just started an "Insider Program" for the most "opinionated" users (beginners welcome) so they can work directly with a core group of users on not only testing the builds but having input on features and UI, etc.

Yeah VVD is vital! It would be cool to have an ongoing thread on our forum to follow Wirecast's evolution in this direction.