PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from north of the border....

RichardCleveland
06-04-2012, 03:55 PM
First let me start by saying how much I appreciate Andrew and the rest of the IAIB Crew for starting this wonderful resource.

My Name is Richard Cleveland and I currently reside in Calgary, Alberta. At the age of 17 I kind of fell into the mobile music business as a DJ in a Tavern in northern Manitoba. After about a year or so I was discovered and offered a job in the big city of Winnipeg. for the next seven years I worked the clubs and even did guest appearances across the country in other clubs. At the age of 25 I returned to my home town and started working at the local AM station. After a year there I headed south again and continued to work on radio in both the AM and FM markets. Shortly after turning 30 I retired from radio to tour with bands as a sound engineer. at the age of 38 I walked away from the entertainment business completely. I took up a hobby that I was very passionate about and turned it into a photography business. At 41 I packed up my studio and moved across the country and settled in Calgary, I continued to photograph as a freelancer for about 2 years but with all the competition it was to tough to get a foothold in the business. I began to work with a movie location services company and through contacts I began to get work as a voice artist for commercial projects. 2 years ago I started to think about podcasting and dabbled a bit nothing serious. During my discovery I came across GFQ, TWiT, TTFN and a host of others. This got me to thinking that this could be a great way to get back behind the mic and do programming my way. So in February with the help of a couple of friends I launched Naked Ape Productions. I started with 2 shows "The PC Basement" and "Between The Pages". The PC Basement has been shelved for the time being but Between The Pages is going strong with 11 episodes recorded. We recently secured some sponsors for the show and we are on our way.

my current equipment list is as follows:
Main System:
Intel i7 920 processor
12 GBs of RAM
3 1 TB HDD
1 80 GB SSD
2 Logitech C910s
1 Microsoft LifeCam Cinima
Radion HD 5850 GPU
Sound Blaster Audigy Sound Card

Secondary System
AMD Athlon II x4 630 processor
4 GBs of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9500 gt GPU
1 500 GB HDD
Samsung Blu-Ray Rom
ASUS Xonar DX Sound Card

Audio System
Behringer Xenyx X1622USB Mixer
2 Behringer C-3 Mics
1 Behringer C-1 Mic
Furman PL8C power conditioner
DBX 166XL Comp/Limit/Gate
Behringer Powerplay Pro XL Headphone amp.

I also run WireCast 4.1.3 for my streams and recording.

Thanks

andrewzarian
06-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Richard,

Thank you for all the kind words. Im really glad you are part of the IAIB.

Spencer Kobren
06-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Welcome to the IAIB Richard!

RichardCleveland
06-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Spencer I enjoy your show and feel that you have a great way of helping people with their hair loss. Andrew your New York style is very entertaining and I believe you have a long career ahead of you. Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Thanks