PDA

View Full Version : Using two USB Mics

Richardpell
11-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Hi guys. Since I seem to have started turmoil in another thread I will try one more time lol

I have two USB Microphones that I would like to use but do not know a good application for them. Can someone suggest a way to use two USB mics to record my podcast. Both mo co host will be in the same room as me. I just dont want to take these mics and dump them.

techzentv
11-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Hi Richard,

It is possible to use 2 USB mics to record. You will want to try to put them on 2 different USB bus. IF your computer has USB plugs in the front and the back, they are typically on different buses. Also, if you have USB 3 and USB 2 they will be on different busses.

The next question is, what are you using to record the audio? What software? I guess I should not have assumed that you were recording audio on the computer.

yakk0dotorg
11-11-2015, 07:37 AM
it also depends on the type of Mics. I think I've heard that if you have two identical mics you might run into problems. What kind of Mics are they? If they're dual USB/XLR like the ATR2100 you could get an audio interface to connect them via XLR then that would connect via USB to your computer.

Dana
11-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi guys. Since I seem to have started turmoil in another thread I will try one more time lol

Sorry Richard for hijacking your thread. It will not happen again.

andrewzarian
11-11-2015, 11:40 AM
It is possible to run two USB microphones into Audacity/ other audio recording software. What microphones are you currently using?