PDA

View Full Version : Have Marketers taken over podcasting?

Podnutter
09-28-2015, 07:16 AM
Its been a while since I posted but due to my job I had to take some time from Podcasting. I recently came back and im blown away by the amount of Marketing / Self help podcasts that are around. It seems like every single podcast I see has to do with Marketing and starting a business. Is this the new trend / future of podcasting? If so its really sad. Interesting and unique content is what made me fall in love with podcasting. It seems like the vultures have tapped into this medium and are going to suck it dry.

mcphillips
10-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Send me some money and I'll answer your question.

BradShoemaker
10-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Maybe they have, but at the same time I continue to find interesting podcasts that I enjoy and aren't marketing focused. I am really liking the story-telling trend and some pretty good ones that might be similar to Serial and Startup but take on different topics.

I'm currently enjoying Lore: http://www.lorepodcast.com/

PaulSaunders
10-09-2015, 05:58 AM
Its interesting. It seems like the Marketers are the biggest voice in podcasting. Even the podcasting coaches are going after the business side of things. I cant blame then since the money is there.

Dana
10-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Its interesting. It seems like the Marketers are the biggest voice in podcasting. Even the podcasting coaches are going after the business side of things. I cant blame then since the money is there.

I see it a little differently.

Dana
10-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Wow, I see what you mean.