PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble getting guests on the show.

Lona Mori
06-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone! Does anyone have advice for getting guests on your show? I'm in a tough situation because my show is very edgy and raw. I cover social and cultural topics, in a non PC fashion. The dissuasions that take place behind closed doors are what I'm interested in. I feel that this is a way to promote understanding and reality in this world, as opposed to preaching some message of "blind bliss". I always allow the option if annonymity for the guest but I'm not sure how to reach out to people. I've tried on twitter with some success but 9 episodes in, I'd like to have a guest on every week.
I'm not necessarily looking for big names, just people who want to share their story.

Thanks,

-Lona

andrewzarian
06-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Hi Lona,

I suggest contacting other podcasters who are doing a show thats similar to yours. Thats the best way to reach a new audience and find a guest who will be into the topics you are discussing.

jamesdelfresco
06-11-2015, 03:34 PM
I had the same issue here. I was trying to get "experts" to come on my podcast. Best thing to do is contact people via twitter.

Lona Mori
06-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Ok, thanks for the helpful info. I'll keep my thumbs moving on twitter.