PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Radio Crystal Blue

radiocblue
06-02-2015, 02:41 AM
Hi all. I started Radio Crystal Blue back in October 2000 to combine my interests in news and music, honoring my heroes in radio like Vin Scelsa, Pete Fornatale, Hearts Of Space programs and the like. In my 2nd year, I was fully embracing music once I began to receive albums from major indie artists. I would add EPK submissions from Sonicbids and other online sources. Living in the greater NYC area, I would source albums from performers I'd see in live performance. Add to that a role in booking some of those artists, and a further rededication to indie and emerging artists, and we come full circle.
My full bio on my website tells the full story, tho I'll add this: My show is decidedly in the freeform radio tradition, learning to segue artists by chords, instruments, times of the year, artists in association with each other in some way, etc. I do special segues in tradition for times of the year. The show is very personable and informative, hosted by me, with no commercials, tho I read my own notes on major sponsors. I spin music from 25 to 30 artists a week in a very loose rotation, and share details from their email list or website re their latest news.

Until most recently I was using Big Contact as an RSS host. Since their announcement of moving away from the "podcast publishing" component, I decided to go with a free service called Podcast Garden. My most recent shows are there. Also, shows going back 2 years are on the Internet Archive. To help celebrate RCB's 15th year, I'm seeking folks with recordings of older shows to contribute to a living online archive.

www.radiocrystalblue.net

Podnutter
06-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the site!!