PDA

View Full Version : Blubrry or Libsyn?

mcphillips
04-21-2015, 06:22 PM
If you're using Blubrry or Libsyn, which one are you using, and why did you select them?

Dana
05-01-2015, 08:27 AM
I use Blubrry.

Podnutter
05-06-2015, 12:10 PM
I recently switched over to Bluberry for a few reasons.

1. Supporting a small business.
2. The interface is far more simple. Easy to understand for someone like me.
3. The wordpress plugin is great

mcphillips
05-07-2015, 05:27 AM
Doesn't the PowerPress plugin work with any host?

yakk0dotorg
05-07-2015, 06:22 AM
it does, but blubrry also has their own hosted services. I use the PowerPress plugin with my own hosting and use Podtrac for our stats. It all works together nicely.

Dana
05-07-2015, 07:07 AM
it does, but blubrry also has their own hosted services. I use the PowerPress plugin with my own hosting and use Podtrac for our stats. It all works together nicely.

Did you go through your database to put PowerPress on your site?

yakk0dotorg
05-07-2015, 07:45 AM
I just installed the PowerPress plugin on my hosted Wordpress install. The only thing signed up for with blubrry was to get our show in their directory.

Our setup is that we have a "podcasts" category in Wordpress and Powerpress makes a podcast feed out of anything that's in that category. It supports multiple feeds for multiple categories if you have more than one show. We wanted to make sure we could separate blog posts from our podcasts and it works great.

Our RSS feed is complicated because we used Feedburner at first, so that's the URL we give out, but Feedburner points to the Podtrac enhanced feed, which points to our Wordpress/PowerPress feed.