PDA

View Full Version : What is the best service to get new viewers

jamesdelfresco
05-29-2012, 07:04 AM
I was wondering what the best site was to attract new viewers to your live podcast. I have heard Andrew Zarian say that its Stickam? Is this true? How does Ustream, Justin.tv and blogtv do ?

Thanks
Jamess

cseeman
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
If I might ask, are simply looking for the biggest numbers or most new viewers possible?

The reason why I ask, is that different services, due to the culture and marketing of the service, bring different types of viewers. Sometimes the type of viewer can be more important than the number of viewers. Sometimes picking a service with the best technical features and taking control of your own marketing is good. I'm not saying either of the things I mention is more important.

I'm just bringing up that there are things that need to weighed against raw numbers depending on the character of your show.

Of course some would stream to multiple services simultaneously. Even if you only do that temporarily, you'd be able to measure how many each service brings given the same live stream. Some will do that and have a centralized chat. If you watch Twit.TV that would be one example.