PDA

View Full Version : Best Advice You Ever Received

andrewzarian
03-13-2015, 07:28 AM
I am starting this thread in hopes to help some of the new podcasters on the board. Its a pretty simple question

What is the best advice someone gave you regarding Internet Broadcasting / Podcasting.

Mine come from the wise Mike Phillips :

Always make sure that the mixers levels are correct. Then you can work your way up.

This seems really simple but you will be shocked to know how many people have the mixers levels either really low or too high.

Richardpell
03-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Go sign up for the IAIB. Seriously I had no idea that this was a thing. I have learned more in the past week then I had in months.

BrianAldridge
03-13-2015, 08:01 AM
Be consistent: If your fans can't count on you, then, you can't count on them.

You can't expect to build up live listeners or even podcast subscribers if you are inconsistent. Give them something to look forward to and you will have something to look forward to as well.

rwildman
03-13-2015, 12:15 PM
As an old broadcaster, on piece of advice I'll never forget was from a PM, at the first station I worked with. He said, "Dead air is the sound of money being lost."

andrewzarian
03-13-2015, 12:52 PM
As an old broadcaster, on piece of advice I'll never forget was from a PM, at the first station I worked with. He said, "Dead air is the sound of money being lost."

Wow thats a great one.

PaulSaunders
03-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Good Lighting goes a long way. I have been using webcams for a while and it always looked "OK". Once I upgraded the lighting and learned how to light my studio it made the video much better.

Dana
05-02-2015, 06:22 AM
I was listening to a podcast about doing a start up show.

Beyond The Interview
02-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Best advice to this newbie - " Just get started, don't keep setting your launch date back"