PDA

View Full Version : Needing a little advice on a Computer Video system

ingeborgdot
01-25-2015, 08:14 PM
I am needing a little advice and don't really know where to turn so I am here asking if anyone could answer with experience or point me in the right forum direction to find out the answer. What I am doing is trying to setup a video system in a gymnasium. We have two jumbo screens on the walls that we will use to play certain things during the games such as intros, player pics, graphics etc. We have a balun with HDMI to cat 5 running to the projectors that will play the video. We also have a speaker control to run all sound from our vantage point. Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? I could use a TriCaster 40 which would make it easy but the cost is a little prohibitive at this point. I am thinking of building a computer to run the video to play to the pjs but was wanting to know what some would think needs to go inside the computer? CPU, Video card, capture card? I will play HD video with this so it will need something fairly powerful. Also, I am planning on a possibility of several things to also do. We are for sure going to hook up several cameras and have them at various places during the game and show the crowd and different things during the game. We also live stream our games so I was hoping that I could possibly use those cameras for added looks too instead of a single camera. I just need to find something that will make this possible. I don't know if any one of these on this link would be what I need for capture or not? https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink . We will be using HD cameras with either component out or HDMI out to go into our capture device. We don't have SDI camcorders or anything SDI and probably won't either. Is there something other than SDI from blackmagic that would work with the HDMI or component from the camcorders or any suggestions. Then when we capture all of this I will be putting out a clone to the pjs and the monitor for the computer. We are looking at software to run the premade video clips too. http://www.clickeffects.com/products/crossfire/ or http://new.livestream.com/studio/software There is so much I want to do but just need to right equipment to do it. I am actually a little overwhelmed by all of it when looking for options because there are so many choices. I have not found anyone though that could tell me what my best options would be. I don't live in a large city so I don't have anyone that can show me anything and we are great distances from any. I would find it much easier to explain to someone by talking to them so I hope I can find someone that I can call on this. I don't know if this even makes sense to anyone but I don't know how else to explain it. I kind of know what I want to do but I have mixed emotions too. Like I said we do live streaming of or our games and I would like nothing better than to give us a more professional look and have 3 or more cameras going during the game but I have two great jumbo screens also that I need to utilize also and that will be my first priority at this point. If anyone can give me advice or lead me to the right spot (maybe an insane asylum) I would be grateful. Thank you.

cseeman
01-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Magewell and Yuan have 4 HDMI input cards.
There's Blackmagic TVS which can feed a less expensive computer.
You'd want at least a Quad Core Haswell i7 but really should consider a 6 core mother board.

There are turnkey systems you can get. 1Beyond has a Wirecast system with 4 SDI for #5.5k.

ingeborgdot
01-28-2015, 03:49 PM
I have since changed my thinking after finding out the complexity of what it would take. I am now just going to be using a Tricaster 40 or mini to run the crowd cameras, graphics, intros etc. to the projectors to show on our jumbo screens. It will be a much simpler setup. I will be using the Tricaster unless someone can come up with an easier, cheaper thing to use. Don't everyone speak at once. :)

cseeman
01-28-2015, 04:09 PM
I think the Tricaster Mini is a good choice.
There are less expensive turnkey systems for Wirecast but the Mini is good value for the price.

ingeborgdot
01-28-2015, 04:24 PM
What would there be for the turnkey for Wirecast? Would it cost less? Would it be as easy to run? What can it do that the mini can not? Thanks for the response.

Jcrosbie
05-11-2015, 09:47 AM
The best turnkey for wirecast I have used is the Paladin (http://www.yourpaladin.com) it is easy to run, fully open, optimized for livestreaming in wirecast 4+ I use the HDMI unit for my streams, but the SDI unit is very much the same. It just depends on your cameras.