PDA

View Full Version : Restream to Hitbox, Youtube, Twitch and other platforms simultaneously by Restream.io

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-18-2014, 06:40 AM
The restream.io is an online service.

Using Restream you can stream games on Youtube, Twitch, UStream, Livestream, Hitbox and many other services at the same time.

It is essential for streamers willing to expand their audience.

www.restream.io

rwildman
12-18-2014, 06:56 AM
This could be very interesting. More information is needed.
The main questions, in my mind, have to do with expandability and pricing structure.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-18-2014, 07:25 AM
This could be very interesting. More information is needed.
The main questions, in my mind, have to do with expandability and pricing structure.

We don`t know how to monetize this but we have many happy broadcasters. It's awesome!
Soon we'll add a "donate" button.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-18-2014, 07:32 AM
And we don't have problems with traffic now =)

rwildman
12-18-2014, 07:37 AM
I appreciate your reply.
I sympathize with your not knowing how to monetize it, though I could think of a myriad of ways.
I read the message thread on the OBS site and noticed that there were some good things said about what you are doing.

The expandability questions I have are similar to those had by others there. Restreaming takes a considerable amount of bandwidth, and, as they mentioned, bandwidth isn't free. Considering that, Restream.io must be incurring some cost in that regard. The stability of a site like this is going to hinge on the ability to sustain its product, in this case restream connections. One would suspect that, in the near future, restream will, either, have to pass the cost of bandwidth on to their customers, find investors, or implement and ad insertion capability - or a combination of the above - in order to continue operations.

Further, expandability beyond the current connectivity options (Hitbox, Ustream, Vaughn, Twitch, YouTube, etc.) may be an important consideration, to appeal to, both, an expanded customer and, possible, investor base.

I plan on taking a closer look at this service in the near future, to test the capability of it.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-18-2014, 07:54 AM
I appreciate your reply.
I sympathize with your not knowing how to monetize it, though I could think of a myriad of ways.
I read the message thread on the OBS site and noticed that there were some good things said about what you are doing.

The expandability questions I have are similar to those had by others there. Restreaming takes a considerable amount of bandwidth, and, as they mentioned, bandwidth isn't free. Considering that, Restream.io must be incurring some cost in that regard. The stability of a site like this is going to hinge on the ability to sustain its product, in this case restream connections. One would suspect that, in the near future, restream will, either, have to pass the cost of bandwidth on to their customers, find investors, or implement and ad insertion capability - or a combination of the above - in order to continue operations.

Further, expandability beyond the current connectivity options (Hitbox, Ustream, Vaughn, Twitch, YouTube, etc.) may be an important consideration, to appeal to, both, an expanded customer and, possible, investor base.

I plan on taking a closer look at this service in the near future, to test the capability of it.

Thank's.
Of course we thought about such things.
Please, contact us team@restream.io with your questions and propositions.

rwildman
12-18-2014, 10:01 AM
The more I think about this, the more important I believe it is that you will need to find a method of ensuring longevity of your service, in order for most serious Internet broadcaster, podcasters and other live-streamers, to take you seriously and make the move to using your service.

Most who are serious about their streams will not risk losing viewers, because the "multiple restreamed" locations have disappeared because the service that restreamed them disappeared as well.

I, still, plan on looking at your service more in depth and, of course, wish you the very best of luck with it, as it sounds like something that has a lot of promise.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-18-2014, 11:01 AM
The more I think about this, the more important I believe it is that you will need to find a method of ensuring longevity of your service, in order for most serious Internet broadcaster, podcasters and other live-streamers, to take you seriously and make the move to using your service.

Most who are serious about their streams will not risk losing viewers, because the "multiple restreamed" locations have disappeared because the service that restreamed them disappeared as well.

I, still, plan on looking at your service more in depth and, of course, wish you the very best of luck with it, as it sounds like something that has a lot of promise.

Your ideas are very interesting and valuable.
We have significant experience with streaming video.
We will do everything in order to trust us because it is our reputation.
Large platform are falling as well. One of the main goal have to minimize these risks.
Do you know any professional streamers who can help test our solution?
It would be great if you could introduce Restream to them.
Thank you for your response.

rwildman
12-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Having the opportunity, I did some test streaming using Restream.io today.
After configuring the end point settings, which consisted of inputting the end point RTMP URL and Key for each site (i.e., Ustream, Vaughn, etc.), I began streaming to Restream.io, using Wirecast.

It should be noted that stream sent to Restream.io was 196kbps (video and audio in total) and consisted of previously recorded content.

Once the stream was started to Restream.io, it kicked off streams to both UStream and Vaughn, which were the only two CDNs used for testing. The output of each of these streams looked and sounded as expected. This test lasted over an hour and a half.

At some point after an hour and a half the connection from Wirecast to Restream.io was restarted. The reason for this is a mystery, at present. However, it may have to do with the fact that I was streaming from the U.S. to a server located in Europe. Prior to the restart, the output at Ustream and Vaughn looked rock solid. After the video appeared to buffer/pause at both locations, in 10 second sequences.

More testing is required before I could say that I would use Restream.io every week, as, normally, we stream in 2 hour blocks. If I can figure out the mysterious restart, I might jump right on board.

Overall, I would recommend Restream.io as something that one should take a look at if they are wanting to get their stream to multiple end-points, while conserving bandwidth by initiating only 1 stream. More testing on my part, but very promising so far.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-19-2014, 04:10 AM
Having the opportunity, I did some test streaming using Restream.io today.
After configuring the end point settings, which consisted of inputting the end point RTMP URL and Key for each site (i.e., Ustream, Vaughn, etc.), I began streaming to Restream.io, using Wirecast.

It should be noted that stream sent to Restream.io was 196kbps (video and audio in total) and consisted of previously recorded content.

Once the stream was started to Restream.io, it kicked off streams to both UStream and Vaughn, which were the only two CDNs used for testing. The output of each of these streams looked and sounded as expected. This test lasted over an hour and a half.

At some point after an hour and a half the connection from Wirecast to Restream.io was restarted. The reason for this is a mystery, at present. However, it may have to do with the fact that I was streaming from the U.S. to a server located in Europe. Prior to the restart, the output at Ustream and Vaughn looked rock solid. After the video appeared to buffer/pause at both locations, in 10 second sequences.

More testing is required before I could say that I would use Restream.io every week, as, normally, we stream in 2 hour blocks. If I can figure out the mysterious restart, I might jump right on board.

Overall, I would recommend Restream.io as something that one should take a look at if they are wanting to get their stream to multiple end-points, while conserving bandwidth by initiating only 1 stream. More testing on my part, but very promising so far.

Thank you. In the nearest future we will add the ability to broadcast through a servers in the US and the problem will be solved.

TalkNet
12-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Hmmm... This service looks interesting but can the service capture a stream from an RTMP link and then send it to other services? I don't want to have to reconfigure and then use a service that deals with a lot of lag.

Podnutter
12-19-2014, 07:34 AM
This is interesting. I will check it out. I am always looking for a new streaming site

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Hmmm... This service looks interesting but can the service capture a stream from an RTMP link and then send it to other services? I don't want to have to reconfigure and then use a service that deals with a lot of lag.

Can you explain in more detail about the question?
Thank you.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-19-2014, 07:44 AM
This is interesting. I will check it out. I am always looking for a new streaming site

Your response will be appreciated.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Now you can choose between US and Europe for servers location.

rwildman
12-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Now you can choose between US and Europe for servers location.

Noticed the US option in the dropdown box. However, after selecting US, the server didn't change and the EU/US still shows a European server.

TalkNet
12-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Can you explain in more detail about the question?
Thank you.

I stream to a private RTMP server and I would like to know if there's an option for the service to grab my feed and redistribute it to other services.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Noticed the US option in the dropdown box. However, after selecting US, the server didn't change and the EU/US still shows a European server.

We fixed this problem

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-20-2014, 09:03 AM
I stream to a private RTMP server and I would like to know if there's an option for the service to grab my feed and redistribute it to other services.

We consider this feature
Thanks.

rwildman
12-20-2014, 09:26 AM
I noticed the "mystical errors" you mentioned. Also, of note (at least to me), it seemed that, during my testing this morning, the EU servers are more stable than the US servers.

Thanks for being so quick.

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-22-2014, 03:03 AM
Thanks =)

Andrei Patrikeyev
12-23-2014, 06:47 AM
Now you can help us =) We added Donate button
Thank you for support.

rwildman
01-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Used the Restream.IO facilities for our live show this past weekend. It was able to, successfully, restream a single stream to 4 different end points. Overall, while there were a couple of restarts of the stream, it was no worse than streaming directly to a single end point.

There were compliments from viewers, being able to have the choice of streaming locations and we were able to accommodate our mobile viewers as well.

Andrei Patrikeyev
01-20-2015, 05:54 AM
We add new platforms
NicoNico
Justcast
Vaughn
Instagib
Breakers
Vapers
Connectcast

Simple mutlichat
Support of the majority services

And video guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdmhm6EHWkU

P.S.
Thanks for big support to rwildman from Music Scene Investigation
Thank you very much for your help and voice =)