PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity Issues with StreamUp

Donovan
10-12-2014, 08:47 AM
I've been using StreamUp for a few weeks now and it has worked pretty well. However, I started having a problem connecting to the service yesterday. In Wirecast, it throws up an error saying it can't connect to the streaming server. I've also tried the settings in Xsplit and get the same results.

For testing purposes, I created another channel on StreamUP, put the credentials in Xsplit and voila it worked fine. So I'm curious what possibly has happened to my main channel. Maybe I've missed it, but StreamUP's website is very sparse when it comes to finding a place to seek help from them.

Anyone else had this type of issue where the service was working fine but suddenly you can no longer connect to it? Also, any idea how to contact them for any type of support?

UPDATE: Just went back through my emails and found the support page and support email. Now to see what they say.

PaulSaunders
10-13-2014, 08:01 AM
I know that there is an issue with Stream up for long term streams. If you stream 24/7 it will just display a black screen.

Donovan
10-13-2014, 08:28 AM
I know that there is an issue with Stream up for long term streams. If you stream 24/7 it will just display a black screen.

I stream 24/7, but that's not my issue. The connection is actually being refused. They FINALLY responded to my email and stated that it should be corrected, but it was not. I followed up with a reply to them stating that if the User Agent was changed to anything other than FME/2.5 or FMLE/3.0 in Wirecat or Xsplit, the connection wasn't refused, but no video would ever show. I'm not sure if that has any bearing on what's going on or not, but you never know what small tidbit of information sends someone in the right direction for a solution to the problem.