PDA

View Full Version : Feedburner Problem "Your feed filesize is larger than 512K. You need to reduce its s

Podnutter
09-22-2014, 10:21 AM
a friend is experiencing a strange problem with his feedburner feed. It stopped updated about a week ago and he sees this error message when he forces an update

"Your feed filesize is larger than 512K. You need to reduce its size in order for FeedBurner to process it."

Anyone know how to fix this

BradShoemaker
09-22-2014, 11:58 AM
He has to back off of how many episodes he includes in his feed. If it has hit 512kb then iTunes will stop working with the feed as well. It goes back to the old debate of how many episodes do you include in your feed. I have seen several people state "ALL OF THEM!!!!" problem is, if you do enough, you will eventually hit and go past the feed size and you run the risk of losing your connection to iTunes.

Just let him know he needs to back off how many episodes are included. If using wordpress, go to Settings -> Reading and find the "Syndication Feeds Show the Most Recent ____" I have mine set to 100. That makes my feed filesize to be 250kb with room to spare depending on my descriptions, etc. The higher the word count in your show notes, the higher the filesize of your feed.