PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Powerpress ?

andrewzarian
05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Powerpress 4.0 came out this week with a lot of new features

The most extensive podcast plugin for WordPress, the Blubrry PowerPress Podcast Plugin version 4.0 now incorporates the latest iTunes specifications, includes a new video player option, and offers a feed episode maximizer option.

(PRWEB) May 11, 2012

Blubrry PowerPress 4.0 brings the latest essential features for media creation to WordPress, including the hottest updates to the new iTunes specifications.

"I am proud of this release of PowerPress, in supporting the latest iTunes podcast specs, additionally this update introduces innovative features first to market for the 10's of thousands of media creators that rely on PowerPress," said Todd Cochrane, CEO of RawVoice.

iTunes upgrades include:
An updated iTunes image requirement -- RGB 1400x1400 -- throughout the plugin for better cover image quality throughout.

"Feature Episode" that allow podcasters to designate a primary episode, which can be used to introduce the podcast or lead in to a new series.

An iTunes Order feature that allows a podcaster doing a series of episodes to have each listed in the desired order.

Other PowerPress 4.0 offerings include:
A new video player option: VideoJS HTML5 JavaScript player -- a player that has its own plugin. By adding this plugin, the new player will be available as an option in PowerPress video players list.

A Feed Episode Maximizer "option" for shows with episodes in excess of what can currently be included in a feed. This feature allows the podcaster to maintain the latest 10 episodes in iTunes with all of the extensive episode data. The rest of the episodes are listed in a way that maximizes the number of episodes that can be listed on iTunes / Zune etc. Perfect for the serial podcaster with an extensive episode library.

Blubrry.com is a media community and directory that gives content creators the power to make money through advertising, get detailed audience measurements and host their audio and video. Blubrry PowerPress 4.0 brings the essential features for media creation to WordPress, offering full podcasting support, web audio/video media players and more.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/05/11/prweb9498659.DTL#ixzz1uzBEfwBZ

erictimmer
05-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I have used the plugin for a while now. The only features I use are place where you can put your stats tracking URL and the place where you put your MP3 file location. I am sure there are other things I could use but they are not in my workflow, so I don't need them.

That said, I think the feature that lets you feature an episode is nice. Especially for an introduction type episode. I might have to test that feature.

BradShoemaker
05-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I have used it since the beginning of our run (January 2010). I haven't used it to it's fullest, but I do use it to push our iTunes stuff live as well as used the HTML 5 player, etc. As I am working on our redesign of everything, I am going to re-look at all the new features and see how I can get the most out of it.

BillChete
05-24-2012, 07:06 AM
I use it all the time, going on 2 years now. It works well and they are constantly updating it with new features.

angelo
06-28-2012, 07:18 AM
I think one of the most overlooked feature is the "Embed" option under PowerPress Settings > Appearance tab. We still ahve folks request it as a new feature, and I have to reply and explain "it's there".

This option adds "embed" link next to the media links (play in new window and download). The embed, when clicked, displays a textbox with an embed the user can then copy and paste into their own web site.

Another cool feature not too many folks know about or take advantage of is the CSS naming used for the player and links. You can seriously customize how the player is positioned, as well as style and/or add icons to the media links.

Jadori
06-28-2012, 08:20 AM
I wished it worked with wordpress.com accounts.

angelo
06-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately WordPress.com is a service that only allows you access to a small collection of plugins. We have no control over that.

ChaseShumway
06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
We've been using it for around a year or so now. I love it. Makes it super easy to create multiple feeds on your site. Haven't had a single issue with it yet!

Oh yeah, the stats feature is also super cool! Now if only we could nail down an advertiser that isn't scared of our uncensored content. :p

podcastcoach
07-26-2012, 11:19 AM
I've used it for a long time. I now use it for anyone who is starting a podcast (I ditched Feedburner for iTunes tags). It has a team that keeps up to date with any changes in iTunes, and it also allows you to have a download link, a streaming player (html 5 ), and a play in new window link. It's awesome. Its also useful if you want to have multiple podcasts on one site, or multiple formats of one podcast on the same site.