PDA

View Full Version : AT&T quietly jacks up monthly fee for iPhone 6 upgraders

Donovan
09-19-2014, 03:23 AM
You have to just love how some companies try to spin the fact that they are, indeed, screwing the customer.

http://www.cultofmac.com/296669/att-tacks-40-monthly-fee-iphone-6-two-year-contract-upgrades/

From the article:
"Some AT&T customers upgrading to the iPhone 6 received a surprising text alert this morning saying the carrier has hiked the monthly “smartphone access charge” to $40 for anyone renewing a two-year Mobile Share Value plan agreement. Naturally, the carrier waited until it was swamped with an unprecedented amount of iPhone 6 pre-orders before telling customers they’d be paying an extra $600 over two years — nearly enough to buy an unlocked iPhone 6 outright."

And:
"AT&T apparently failed to mention the change to customers until pre-orders were already on the way, and the carrier’s Mobile Share Value webpage obfuscates the details by listing pricing terms prior to 2/2/14 and 3/914."

andrewzarian
09-20-2014, 01:00 PM
I just saw this. A lot of people are going to be unhappy when they get their bill

mcphillips
09-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Maybe it's time to switch to Verizon. If they require me to get rid of my unlimited plan to upgrade, it's worth a switch. AT&T's coverage around here is the pits, and the have less bandwidth available for calls than Verizon does.