PDA

View Full Version : SteadXP – The Future of Image Stabilization for DSLRs and GoPros?

MovieBuff
09-10-2014, 05:36 PM
http://vimeo.com/104633742

This is fantastic, but it only works in post production. I wish there was an affordable and easy way to stabilize footage for live broadcast situations.

Linuxcooldude
09-11-2014, 11:43 AM
It seems to use a solution simular to Hyperlapse. Hyperlapse uses the iPhones gyroscopes to compensate for handshake. SteadXP seems to also use external gyroscopes/sensors that subtract movement from the shaky device.

MovieBuff
09-11-2014, 12:27 PM
It seems to use a solution simular to Hyperlapse. Hyperlapse uses the iPhones gyroscopes to compensate for handshake. SteadXP seems to also use external gyroscopes/sensors that subtract movement from the shaky device.

Very similar, Hyperlapse is more of a time-lapse mixed Adobe's Warp Stabilizer found in After Effects (CS6 or CC).

SteadXP uses the data from external gyroscopes/sensors and applies it to post-edited videos without creating a time-lapse effect. That data should already be integrated in cameras and camcorders. I really want to find an effective steadi-cam that quickly be used for live events. I have tried many steady-cam kits and they are expensive and take 10-15 minutes to properly balance.