PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool! Using your cell phone as a camera

MovieBuff
08-26-2014, 10:43 AM
I am pretty sure they got inspired by RecoLive. It's great to see Telestream stepping it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrQTy3gdUU

rwildman
08-26-2014, 01:26 PM
There are many other iPhone apps that can already do this. It is nice to see the Telestream team catching up.

MovieBuff
08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
There are many other iPhone apps that can already do this. It is nice to see the Telestream team catching up.

I am hypothesizing this feature. It could be something else all together.

cseeman
08-27-2014, 09:37 AM

This seems to stream to Wirecast directly maybe.
Most apps I know of stream to CDN or to computer.

Spencer Kobren
09-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Very cool!

cseeman
09-01-2014, 02:31 PM
IBC starts on Sept 11th so I suspect you'll see a press release with some details just before that (less than 2 weeks).

Spencer Kobren
09-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Again, very cool.

andrewzarian
09-04-2014, 07:16 AM
So here is my question. Since you can stream via a phone app. Can there be a way to stream directly from one wirecast user (remote) to another and capture it as a video source?

cseeman
09-04-2014, 08:12 AM
So here is my question. Since you can stream via a phone app. Can there be a way to stream directly from one wirecast user (remote) to another and capture it as a video source?

Wirecast to Wowza server sitting on the same computer with Wirecast should work.

In my own messing around I streamed from Wowza's GoCoder app to Wowza sitting on the computer with Wirecast and just grabbed the RTMP and pasted into Wirecast Pro Web Stream plugin.

As long as the server processes it, Wirecast can grab the RTMP (or RTSP, etc).

I believe some people have done this with Darwin Streaming Server as well.

MovieBuff
09-04-2014, 11:38 AM

Not sure, but that would be cool.