PDA

View Full Version : Audio problems Wirecast 5

talrmde
08-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Using Wirecast with Google Hangout. I inserted a video on layer 3 in Wirecast. The videos plays, but no audio. Can someone please help? Thanks.

rwildman
08-13-2014, 04:40 AM
What is the audio input setting of the Google Hangout?

talrmde
08-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks for your response. I was finally able to figure it out, but it nearly drove me bananas, lol. I'm using an iMac 27in, Motu FW/USB Audio interface, and Sony DSR PD150 (FW). The Sony is connected with ⚡️adapter and the Motu by FW. I inserted a video, only to discover, audio was not audible. The video played, I could see audio levels from the video, just not able to hear. Two days of massive research and very late nights, I watched tons of YouTube videos, read articles, and, forums. I downloaded a fresh copy of Wirecast 5 and to my surprised it worked, I could hear the audio from the video. Started messing around with all the buttons again, it stopped working, no audio. A quick glance at the back of my iMac...thinking I've got way too much crap connected to this computer. I decided to disconnect the Motu FW and connect it by USB. I restarted Wirecast, powered the Motu off/on and like magic, I could now hear the video. I have tested and retested, everything is working as it should for now, lol. Thanks again for your response.

rwildman
08-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Glad you got it working.