PDA

View Full Version : Google plus and youtube issues and frustrations

domineaux
08-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Last week I messed up and added an extra account page somehow in Google+. I tried deleting and ended up deleting every video on the channel.

The Google+ it appears has one priority to harvest your information, and keep you locked in. The reason I say that is because you have to really be a ferret to find out how to remove, or disconnect Google+ anything.

The Google+ is required for commenting on videos and there are so many misdirections to force you into using Google+.

If you don't have a Google+ account and try to comment a join Google+ popup gives you the option, but not the opt out. You have to just click off the page to get out.

I just spent a couple hours trying to do some workarounds for fixing things on youtube and Google+. It became such a tedious endeavor. I'm frustrated beyond ILK.

I am thinking to just start downloading all my videos off youtube. THe Google+ and all the interventions by Google are very difficult to cope with now.

It would be so easy to put up a remove, or disconnect button and allow immediate and simplified use of both Google+ and youtube. The issue is... Google doesn't want to facilitate anything for users. They want to retain everything and keep you locked into Google.

The creep that ran the Google Plus invasion of everything is not longer with Google, but Google being what is will continue to do whatever they want. Afterall, they are saying Google may be the first trillion dollar company.
Are they doing the right things...I've been using computers for a very long time, and my take is not good.

Anyway, I'm thinking I have to come up with some other ways of doing things and write Google completely off, or I have to take a course in Google. Otherwise, my frustrations will put me on the funny farm.

The Google+ has also invaded local listings and that is affecting everyone with a small local business. THe worst part is...Google constantly changes things and most of the changes just create more work for everyone. OH for the days of the good old "Yellow Pages". When people bought an ad it was done for a year. People used the yellow pages and you could expect a proportionate share of calls from those simple ads in the yellow pages.

Now Google is pushing reviews for positioning in listings, and semantic search is already in the works. Semantic search is very invasive and has all these psycho evaluations in the algorithms. Those evaluations may not be a bother to start, but it depends on who has the information and how they want to use it. Psycho babble can create huge problems.

I am interested to read any discussion points from others with some efficient ways around the Google+ and other Google stuff.

rudyengels
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Hear, hear... I have several Google+ accounts but don't ask me how everything is connected. I just don't understand it. Personally I think this is way too complicated!