PDA

View Full Version : Skype return video setup

chrisnitzel
08-02-2014, 03:02 PM
I have 2 Skype machines and my setup is working, I would just like to make it better. So i have my program output from my broadcast going out HDMI into a HDMI to RCA converter (crap), and then from there into a RCA DA (splitter), and from there into dazzle capture cards into the skype machines as the selected input for Skype. This allows my guests to get a return feed from my program output and see whats going on. The cheap HDMI to RCA converter I have makes it look horrible, so I am looking at other options. I have been looking at better options for HDMI to RCA but have had no luck so far. I was looking for a HDMI field monitor that would have a BNC output that I could put an adapter on for RCA for better quality. Let me know if you guys have any ideas or share your return video setup. Thanks!

andrewzarian
08-02-2014, 03:31 PM
At GFQ We have our video output from Wirecast going out of the video card VIA HDMI into a HDMI Spiltter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NKOC2W/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007NKOC2W&linkCode=as2&tag=thgufrquponet-20&linkId=W4RBLIDMKUMFJHAQ) . the video from the HDMI Splitter goes into a skype machine with a Black Magic Intensity pro Capture Card (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CN9GEA/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001CN9GEA&linkCode=as2&tag=thgufrquponet-20&linkId=5JJ3RXWJ43SXSX5Y) .

We are able to send out 720p return video

chrisnitzel
08-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks Andrew, I may have to look at installing HDMI capture cards to get the quality I want.

andrewzarian
08-02-2014, 05:22 PM
BMIP cards are great.

chrisnitzel
08-03-2014, 10:22 AM
BMIP cards are great.

Not knowing if the BM cards will work with my setup I have gone with the Aver cards. I really like the BM products but the Skype machines are budget builds so there is that chance they may not work.

PaulSaunders
08-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I have tried both the Aver and Black Magic Intensity Pro. The color matching on the Black Magic is a little better than the Aver Cards. The price on the Aver cards are great also.

chrisnitzel
08-03-2014, 04:43 PM
I have tried both the Aver and Black Magic Intensity Pro. The color matching on the Black Magic is a little better than the Aver Cards. The price on the Aver cards are great also.

I have 2 Aver cards in my broadcast machine... it was an upgrade from usb cards so anything is better than that. They work really well besides some issues with Wirecast but I have since moved on to VMix.