PDA

View Full Version : WHo is watching you?

domineaux
07-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Recently, Google has moved to one account for users. By that I mean Google will allow multiple youtube channels and such, but it will all stem from one account.

It is very easy to make a mistake and be completely locked out of Youtube or other Google services. If you made copyright error (very common) and you got locked out there is no recourse for a hearing, etc. Google is the single and only power. If you have several youtube channels and you are locked out on one youtube channel the lockout is associated with the single account and you will be locked out on all your Youtube channels.

Is Google voice harvesting and storing your Google voice discussions? Is the answer Yes, afterall it is so easy to do and their terms of service allow it.

Just yesterday the news was predicting Google may be first trillion dollar company. http://www.cnbc.com/id/101841875

Friends I suspect we all need to be suspect of Google and other internet services that have the tools to harvest information and store it. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. are all capable of egregious violations of our rights to privacy.

What is the solution to it? I'm not sure it is really possible to have privay. You can move all your internet activity through a Swedish Virtual Private Server and proxies. As I recall, the Swedish government allows complete anonymity and many VPN do not retain any memory of your data. You could make inquiries, but you must pay careful attention to terms and conditions. Sadly, people can lie. Godaddy has their $10 a year privacy/security thing regarding your domain accounts, which is a complete joke. If they get a subpoena they just share your information. No American company is going to shield or deny information requested by certain powerful agencies.

Anyway, the extent of this posting is just to casually inform without making a big deal out of it.

PaulSaunders
07-20-2014, 03:50 PM
We have to be very careful with where we put out content. We can not depend on one company for too long. anything can happen.

domineaux
07-20-2014, 04:38 PM
My above posting has a very negative tone, there are many of us very dependent up Google.
Yes, even if our information is harvested and stored we are still in business and have to keep the doors open.
The local listings have been a nightmare for small businesses for over six years and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel.
The directory things like Yelp! and similar sites are still dominating the local listings.
Sadly, they are nothing more or less than the old Yellow pages. Yet, Google gives them preferential treatment and Google local listings are supposed to do away with that old concept.
No sense to complain, because Google has only a few ears and only a few people they will listen to in any case.

Google is moving towards different methods for SEO, "Google Semantic Search".
This is a pretty good video and the information is definitely worth a listen, if you have website/s.

http://youtu.be/uvCKYRV6-e8